Workforce Group – Our customer, a principal Furniture organization, is enlisting reasonably qualified possibility to fill the positions beneath:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Furniture)
Reports To: General Manager Operations
- To ensure that our products are produced to accurate dimensions and our operations are seamless.
- To produce detailed working/production drawings and specifications.
- To specify the quality and quantity of materials required.
- To resolve problems and issues that arises during projects.
- Prepare cutting list and accessories list for production and installation
- Perform the analysis of furniture pieces to ascertain production requirements.
- Co-ordinate project planning and material breakdown.
- Evaluate and resolve issues relating to materials requisition for projects and retail orders.
- Engage in material evaluation and planning with the procurement department.
- Materials and tools analysis for projects execution and installation.
- Plan, schedule and monitor installation progress.
- Evaluate and plan rectification of all snags and errors.
- Make material requisition and ensure there are adequate materials for production.
- Visit projects’ and clients’ sites to take accurate dimensions.
- Engage with other departments within the company to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Engage with the production team all through the process of manufacturing and installation of furniture and fittings.
- Ensure work is performed as planned and to specification by adhering with the company quality assurance manual.
- A Degree in Architecture or Engineering from a good University.
- Minimum of 3-4years relevant work experience, experience in a furniture manufacturing environment will be an added advantage.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Project management skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Clear written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Problem solving and innovative skills.
- Good team spirit.
Core Working Relationships:
- Customer Service and Sales Team.
- Logistics/Procurement Team.
- Production Teams.
Reports To: Head of Production Operations
- To manage both inward and outward stock movement from the store.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the store inventory records.
- Ensure that all associated store documentation and record keeping for accounting purposes are kept accurately.
- Ensure that the stock level is accurately maintained
- Provide accurate weekly and monthly reports on stock levels to Management
- Maintaining optimal stock levels to ensure timely availability of products.
- Take Stock of Materials both Imported and Local and follow through with the resolution of any arising discrepancies.
- Receive Materials from Suppliers/Check Invoices against the L.P.O’s Issued for Quantity in accordance with our policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for quality check of raw materials delivered.
- Control of Material Disbursement and Issue for Production and maintain a detailed record of these stock movements.
- Check & ensure proper authorisation of all materials issued to production.
- Monitoring Stock Re-Order Levels and ensure that requisition is made to the Procurement department for restocking on time.
- Timely planning of materials /accessories required for installation
- Supervise the arrangement of materials received
- Receive diesel as ordered and monitor supply to the generator sets and to the residences on request.
- Presentation of the following weekly reports to the appropriate departments
- Keep the stock room clean and tidy
- Ensure stock is organised and well labeled with bin cards.
- Avoid unsafe practices at work and report all accidents and hazards
- And execute any other duty as may be required by management
- Participate in routine and scheduled stock counts as required.
- Implement and maintain a filing system that ensures Goods Issued and other documents are preserved and easily retrieved.
Core Working Relationships:
- Technical Team
- Logistics/Procurement Team
- Accounts Team
- A minimum of a OND in a related course
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ related work experience.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft office applications.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Time Management skills.
- Problem-solving and Innovative skills.
- The ability to Multitask.
- The ability to work with a team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should kindly forward their CV’s to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.