African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the chief skillet African improvement foundation, advancing monetary development and social advance over the mainland. There are 80 part states, incorporating 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s improvement motivation is conveying the money related and specialized help for transformative ventures that will essentially diminish neediness through comprehensive and maintainable monetary development.
We are selecting to fill the position underneath:
Job Title: Principal Transaction Support Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50069787
- The Vice-Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to:
- Strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector]development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development,
- Support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and
- Place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Division
- The role of the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations and Private Sector Support Department of the Bank (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Member Countries, ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the PINS Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the sector; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations.
The main responsibilities of the position holder are:
- Assist origination teams in evaluating the best economic and financial options and selecting the most appropriate model to optimize use available financial instruments and legal structures in NS transactions
- Develop structured socioeconomic and financial models and related legal structures to serve as reference by IOs, in using Bank’s instruments, in response to the evolving market’s offer ;
- Play an interface role and facilitate the team work of the NSO ecosystem members during the initial phases of projects’ development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Division Manager – Strategy and Transaction support, the Principal Transaction Support Officer will perform the following:
- Draft advisory notes on the best economic and financial options and the Integrated Transaction Model, including on prerequisites to mitigate risks and enhance project’s implementation efficiency.
- Draft innovative socioeconomic and financial models for IOs guidance.
- Contribute to capacity building trainings for Investment Officers (IOs), and business partners and other stakeholders when requests are made to the Bank
- Identify, Disseminate and communicate best practices.
- Participate in due diligence on new products/programmes, conducted by concerned Bank’s departments.
- Participate in NSO Departments missions at their request
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or Economics or related field
- Professional certification in chartered finance.
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, in particular in business development and deal structuring.
- Having public and public sector exposure will be an added advantage
- First-hand knowledge of financial instruments and techniques
- Strong experience with Credit enhancement instruments.
- Sound knowledge of tailored products (such as guarantees) for sector based investments.
- Experience with aggregation and pooling structures for investors
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues;
- Proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors)
- Capacity to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank’s NSOs ecosystem.
- Solid negotiation skills, diplomacy and credibility to deal with internal and external clients at all levels.
- Operational effectiveness
- Innovation and creativity
- Team working and relationship
- Client Orientation
- Excellent spoken and written English or French languages, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; Knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online