GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s driving exploration based pharmaceutical and social insurance organizations, is focused on enhancing the nature of human life by empowering individuals to accomplish more, can rest easy and live more. GSK utilizes more than 97,000 workers in more than 100 nations around the world.
TITLE: GROUP PRODUCT MANAGER – VACCINES
Requisition ID: WD151223
Functional area: Marketing
The purpose of the job is:
- To set the strategic direction in order to grow the GlaxoSmithKline Vaccine business in the Anglophone West Africa Region in both the public and private sectors and establish GSK vaccines as the preferred brands and ultimately ensure achievement of sales and profit objectives.
- To deliver vaccines portfolio contribution.
- To develop and manage marketing programmes for the vaccines portfolio in the region. That is
- To develop and update strategic marketing plan
- To communicate, monitor the implement and control marketing programmes
- To analyse and interpret market activities, to make appropriate recommendations to management and take necessary actions.
- To maintain knowledge of competition, analyse competitive information and develop appropriate strategies
- To develop and coordinate support activities including relationship with advertising agencies, research agencies and production agents.
- To monitor and control sales trend in order to ensure attainment of sales target, profit and growth objectives of vaccines in the region
- Ensure that the sales effort is aligned with and focused on core marketing strategies
- Development of relationship with Key Opinion Leaders in vaccines and vaccine preventable diseases to shape opinion and favour GSK vaccines.
- Initiate and facilitate strategic clinical and epidemiological surveys to gather information to support vaccination and manage medico-marketing information on vaccines – collation and analysis of epidemiological data for diseases of interest.
- Liaison with GSK Biologicals to agree strategic direction and support for the region.
- Successful introduction of new vaccines into the markets in the region.
- To development the private ‘self-pay’ vaccines market across the region.
- Graduate in Healthcare fields,Science, preferably with a post graduate in public health and marketing management
- An appropriate Sales and/or Business Management Diploma or qualification.
- Project Management qualification
- Brand Building and Market development Skills
- Marketing Management skills
- Product/Technical knowledge
- Channel Management Skills
- New Product Development Skills
- Analytical and Conceptual skills
- Project Management Capability
- Knowledge of WHO and Supranational Organisations’ Policies
- Financial Acumen and Strategic Management Skills.