University Librarian Vacancy the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta- The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, was built up on first January, 1988. It has accomplished a place of distinction in different Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering and Management Sciences. The University by and by has ten (10) Colleges.
Applications are thus welcomed from reasonably qualified possibility for the position underneath:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University library and the coordination of the library services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Departments, Institutes and other Teaching or Research Units.
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division, Master’s and Doctorate Degree in Library or Information Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Candidate must also have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic library, A strong proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputable international and national journals is required.
- Candidate must be able to provide academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of a Deputy University Librarian.
- Candidate must not be above Sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian Of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Home Address
- Contact Address
- E-Mail Address
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Numbers and Ages of Children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Detailed Academic qualifications obtained with dates and classification
- Work Experience
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Referees (3)
Each Applicant must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicants to forward a Referee’s Report to the Registrar directly through courier service and under confidential cover.
All applications should be submitted by Courier Service under confidential covers in sealed envelopes marked “Post of University Librarian, FUNAAB” to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
Note: Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.