Management of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital Recruitment for Director of Administration – The Management of Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, therefore welcomes applications from intrigued and appropriately qualified contender to fill the destined to be empty position beneath:
Title: Director of Administration
The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief Medical Director for the day-to-day general administration of the Hospital and shall be Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director as well as serve as the Secretary to the Board of Management. The Director of Administration shall also:
- Take charge of the Department of Administration
- Participate in formulation, execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and or the Board.
- Coordinating the activities of support service departments in the Hospital.
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital.
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director, may from time to time assign to him/her.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good first degree in either Hospital/Health Services Management, the Humanities, Social Science or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- A Postgraduate Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage,
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post-qualification experience.
- Membership of the Institute of Hospital Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) or any other relevant professional Association.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service Salary structure for this category of officers i.e. CONHESS 15 (N4,222,544.00 to N5,128,200.00).
- The Director of Administration shall hold the Office effective from the date of appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director in any other organization in the Public Service.
- Provided the officer does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or thirty five (35) years of service (which ever; comes first) and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
Interested candidates are to forward fifteen (15) copies of their application accompanied with photocopies of their credentials and their Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Full name
- Place and date of birth
- Permanent home address
- Contact address
- State of origin
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Working experience
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Referees (3).
The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. One of whom must be of the rank of Director. Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the above address by the referee.
The application and attachments should be in a sealed envelope marked Application for the Post of “Director of Administration” at the top left hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital,
Deadline 10th April, 2018.