Job at FHI 360 for Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator – FHI 360 is a charitable human advancement association devoted to enhancing lives in enduring courses by progressing coordinated, privately determined arrangements.
Our staff incorporates specialists in wellbeing, training, nourishment, condition, monetary improvement, common society, sexual orientation, youth, research and innovation – making a one of a kind blend of capacities to address the present interrelated advancement challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 70 nations and all U.S. states and regions.
We are right now looking for qualified contender for the position underneath:
Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator will provide technical leadership and operations support to capture program intervention activities and results, ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis.
- This individual shall be responsible for creating and managing complex M&E systems, designing complaints mechanisms and improvements to data quality, as well as the utilization of M&E data for the improvement of program operations, quality reporting and new business.
- This includes establishing key components of the M&E system including selecting indicators, setting targets, developing and implementing M&E tools and systems, and reporting on all output and outcome indicators for the program. He or she will ensure that all staff are trained on the M&E components.
- This position will report to the Response Coordinator and collaborate across sector teams, while also strategically building capacity of M&E staff.
- Lead planning of needs assessments with sector coordinators and other partners, where necessary. Lead development of baseline surveys as necessary.
- Design benchmarking standards for quality monitoring and accountability measures; and train staff upon roll out
- Support a data quality improvement and information management initiative across the region
- Strengthen data analysis and use across program sectors, creating actionable reports for key stakeholders
- Ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in accordance with international standards and the FHI 360 integrated approach
- Ensure MEL resources are included at the proposal design stage to be integrated in crisis response programs
- Create a beneficiary complaints mechanism and work with sector coordinators to train staff and implement within program activities
- Provide strategic leadership and support across field sites the quality roll out of the MEL framework; with a focus on capacity building and accountability of staff
- In coordination with Response Coordinator, develop project implementation plans with strong monitoring and reporting components
- Strengthen the capacity of the M&E team by identifying training opportunities and increasing the team’s knowledge of M&E protocols and practice
- Provide written contributions to weekly, quarterly and annual reports as needed
- Assist with proposal and grant modification development and design as needed
- Work with M&E staff in each site to ensure that performance information is collected in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities
- Monitor and maintains protocols, data collection instruments, data sets and manuals
- Manage, train and mentor M&E team of local staff working in field sites and ensure high quality data collection
- Ensure M&E indicators in database match donor reporting requirements and highlight program successes and impact
- Proactively identify key program and themes areas for evaluation and analysis
- Ensure program feedback loop so external findings results in improve quality of project management and implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company.
- Experience with OFDA program and monitoring requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken English and analytical skills
- 5-7 years’ experience in M&E activities for initiatives in humanitarian contexts
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in developing M&E systems and overseeing the collection and analysis of metrics and complaints mechanisms
- Demonstrated experience in training on M&E systems and data collection.
- Demonstrated experience remote managing and training staff.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply