International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruiting for Finance Assistant – The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s biggest compassionate offices, gives help, recovery and post-strife remaking backing to casualties of catastrophic event, abuse and brutal clash in 42 nations.
The IRC is focused on intense authority, advancement and inventive associations.
Dynamic in general wellbeing, training, employments, ladies’ strengthening, youth improvement, and insurance and advancement of rights, IRC helps individuals from damage to home.
We are selecting to fill the position underneath:
Title: Finance Assistant
- The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer in Yobe, She/he supports the Finance Officer in managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in the Yobe field office, assisting in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems and ensuring compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines
- Supporting Finance Officer managing all aspects of day to day operations of accounting department in Yobe field office.
- Review all payment documents for proper and adequate back up.
- Review expenditure worksheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare bank reconciliation for field office and send it to main office by 3rd of every month.
- Assisting Finance Officer with balance sheet reconciliations
- Help in following up advances liquidations
- Manage Field Office Daily cash
- Ensure timely invoicing and payments between IRC and Solidarities for shared office costs
- Assist in the implementation of Finance policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Keep copies of all finance documents and ensure proper filing
- Receiving all finance documents by filing the booklets/documents register;
- Scan and maintain electronic files of all finance documents to facilitate transfer (by USB memory stick or internet if that becomes available) to Maiduguri.
- Submit expenditure worksheets to the Finance Head Office on or before 3rd of every subsequent month
- Serve as technical resource person for the accounting department.
- Review all POs and PRs for proper coding and budget adequacy before approval.
- In liaison with Supply Chain Officer prepare commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not captured in financial reports.
- Act at all times in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by Finance Officer/Finance Controller.
- Review with the objective of gaining a clear understanding budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Communicate with Finance main office on security issues within the office and outside the office
- Report to the Finance Officer/Finance Controller any irregularities that occur within the IRC office, staff compound and sites on policy and procedures.
Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from recognized College/Institutions
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional accounting experience.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Hausa and/or Kanuri highly desirable
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others
- The position will be based in Yobe, working out of the Yobe Field Office.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, and Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months. Application Closing Date
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letters and CV’s to “The Senior Admin/HR Manager” via: [email protected]
Note: All applications must include: Position and location as subject.
Deadline 19th February, 2018.