International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Recruitment for Asset Supervisor – The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-revenue driven organization that creates agrarian advancements to address Africa’s most squeezing difficulties of appetite, lack of healthy sustenance, neediness, and normal asset corruption.
Working with different accomplices crosswise over sub-Saharan Africa, we enhance jobs, improve nourishment and sustenance security, increment business, and safeguard common asset uprightness.
IITA is an individual from CGIAR, a worldwide horticulture look into association for a sustenance secure future.
We are selecting to fill the position underneath:
Title: Asset Supervisor
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Maintain liaison with Assets Officer to update IITA’s master asset file;
- Explore more effective ways of asset tracking including a computerized bar-coding system and implement this as directed;
- Conduct regular housekeeping and cyclic asset verification exercise at the headquarters and if necessary in other stations to ensure that IITA tracked asset listing agrees with the Finance Office master asset file record;
- Analyze and evaluate cost/benefits of disposal strategies and make recommendation to the disposal committee on appropriate disposal method for such items as applicable.
- Prepare records of asset identified for disposal and ensure clearance of such materials;
- Secure storage of assets identified for disposal, repair and reuse as applicable;
- Assist in asset disposal process and decommissioning activities as directed by the IITA disposal committee;
- Assist with the transfer of ownership of used assets where such requirement exist while ensuring the master asset list is updated;
- Ensure healthy, safety rules and regulation at work are complied with;
- Inducting newly recruited staff and assist in training Oracle users both HQ and other Hub-station staff members
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- B.Sc/HND Purchasing and Supply, Social Science or Professional Certification in Procurement and Supply or related field with minimum of eight (8) years’ experience performing similar role.
- Have good knowledge of computer, good interpersonal and communication skill (Oral and written).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
20th February, 2018.
Interested applicants should send a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.