Creative Associates International Job Recruitment 2018 – Creative Associates International is a dynamic, quickly developing worldwide advancement firm that spends significant time in training, monetary development, equitable organizations and adjustment.
Situated in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field nearness in more than 25 nations with a solid customer portfolio that incorporates the U.S. Organization for International Development and the State Department, among others.
Since its establishing in 1977, Creative has earned a strong notoriety among its customers and is all around respected by contenders and accomplices alike.
TITLE: STATE GOVERNANCE DIRECTOR
Communities in Transition Division
Project Duration: 5 years
Creative Associates seeks a Governance Director – Sokoto State for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nigeria.
The Governance Director serves as the state director of all project programs, provides technical leadership, engages with state and local government leaders for monitoring and responding to opportunities for institutional reform; and manages the State Project Office staff and technical advisors.
He/she will serve as a member of the project leadership team, working closely with counterparts in other states and facilitating knowledge transfer between state offices and with Nigerian federal officials.
Reporting & Supervision:
The State Governance Director – Sokoto reports to the Chief of Party.
- Assist state governments to develop strategic approaches for improving governance of state operations, including improvements in public financial management, improvements in service delivery, generation of internal funding and communication with citizens;
- Assist state governments in identifying and then providing a broad range of technical assistance and capacity development to achieve strategic governance objectives. Support state governments to facilitate public dialogue on governance and civic engagement between government and non-governmental actors through technical assistance to local civil society organizations;
- Monitor the progress of state governments in achieving agreed upon reforms and improvements in performance;
- Support the COP and the DCOP in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for the program implementation to ensure the achievement of the program goals;
- Support state governments to facilitate interaction, collaboration, and collective action between diverse stakeholders and leverage stakeholder networks to develop strategies advocating citizen priorities;
- Support state government efforts to engage women, youth, and excluded groups in public and political dialogue, and electoral campaigns;
- Monitor and document all implementation activities, document successes, challenges, and lessons learned and share them with through regular program reports; and
- Deliver presentations on program objectives and achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Master’s degree in political science, public administration, public financial management, public policy, law, economics or a related field;
- Minimum eight ( years of related Nigerian development experience in public policy and administration, community development, public financial management, or political analysis;
- Experience working in northern Nigeria, particularly in Sokoto state;
- Knowledge of state government reform efforts in Nigeria;
- Expertise in political economy and conflict assessment and mapping, managing complex partnerships and cross-cutting projects, and local, state, and national institutional building;
- Expertise in public service, good governance and/or accountability and oversight;
- Proven effectiveness in managing high-level government relations;
- Experience with civil society and government capacity building, and governance accountability;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, training, and human resources experience;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Demonstrated track record of developing, managing and working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
- Fluency in Hausa and proficiency in writing, reading and speaking English at a senior professional level.
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
TITLE: DRIVER AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Reacting to Early Warning and Response Data (REWARD)
The Driver and Administrative Assistant is responsible for the overall movement of staff members between project activities. He/She will operate the vehicle in accordance of the rules and regulations required for the safe and efficient operation of driving.
Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures. Safe and Legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle. Nigeria driver’s license & Knowledge of the region. Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position of Driver and Administrative Associate will report to the Chief of Party.
- Assist the project staff in obtaining and facilitating movement of project staff including but not limited to for daily project needs, meetings, and airport pick-up for visiting international staff.
- Arrange for vehicle repairs when necessary and ensure that the vehicle is kept in working order.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc.
- Ensure that all necessary procedures, by law and internal policy, are adhered to when driving.
- Collect and deliver mail or documents when required.
- Provide safe transport of employees, project visitors, etc.
- Assist all staff members with various tasks administrative such as vendor payments, filing, and general office administration tasks.
- Assist with general office administrative and logistics duties with all team members.
- Assist with the technical team on field visits with administrative tasks and logistics.
- Provides logistics support to technical team while on their field visits.
- Serves as administrative agent while on field visits during technical activities.
- Provides photography services in the absence of the communications coordinator.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds.
Use the email(s) below to apply.
Driver and Administrative Assistant – [email protected]
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.