British Government Graduate Internship Program, March 2018 – The British Government is a comprehensive and assorted variety cordial employer.
We esteem distinction, advance balance and test segregation, improving our hierarchical ability.
We invite and empower applications from individuals of all foundations.
We don’t separate based on incapacity, race, shading, ethnicity, sex, religion, sexual introduction, age, veteran status or other class secured by law.
We advance family-accommodating adaptable working openings, where operational and security needs permit.
We are enrolling to fill the empty position beneath:
Type of Position: Intern
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
Start Date: 3 April 2018
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide video production, graphic design and campaign support to the Press and Public Affairs team for the delivery of communications objectives
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with the Press Team for the planning and promotion of content
- Creation and management of an organised data base of photo and video files.
- Uploading social media posts and answering basic enquiries on social media
- Supporting campaign management and optimisation across multiple channels
- Designing graphic materials and producing short videos for use on digital channels
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by the Head of Communications/ Press Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Be a recent graduate in Media, Communications field (graduated within the last 3 years) with excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Be computer literate with a high degree of proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Video editing, graphics design and photography skills
- Ability to transform ideas, statistics and concepts into clear visuals and infographics
- Experience with social media tools like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with creating content for the web such as blogging or video blogging would be an added advantage.
- Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
- Language – English
Level of Language Required:
- Advanced level proficiency in English Language (ability to understand, write and speak English language without any difficulty)
Stipend / Allowance
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- Learning and Development Opportunities:
- Online e-learning
- Communications training
- Website training
- On the job learning, job shadowing and mentoring
- Various development workshops
- Social media training
- The intern will work for six hours a day, four days (Monday to Thursday) for a fixed term period of 3 months.
- Language: English
Level of Language Required:
- Advanced level proficiency in English Language (ability to understand, write and speak English language without any difficulty).
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline 19th March 2018