United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Recruitment for Head, Internal Communications – United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s driving money related foundations, with tasks in 19 African nations and 3 worldwide monetary focuses: London, Paris and New York.
From a solitary nation association established in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has developed to wind up a Pan-African supplier of budgetary administrations with more than 11 million clients, through near 1000 business workplaces and touch focuses comprehensively.
We are enlisting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Head, Internal Communications
Reference No: MCC0012018
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Communications,Editing,Publication
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment,Financial Services
- The Head of Internal Communications shall be responsible for building and establishing an internal brand across Africa and supporting the alignment of all staff to the organisations visions, goals and products.
- Educational Requirement – B.A Mass Comm. (2.2 minimum)
- Masters degree in a relevant course will be an added advantage
- Experience – Minimum of 15 years experience, of which 5 years must be in a communications role.
- Grade Requirement – DM – SM only
- Excellent writing/Communicating skill
- Desktop publishing
- Computer proficiency
- Policy Development/Implementation
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of trends in the financial services industry
- Supervisory Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Strategic Focus
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop to global standards an internal communications strategy and plan for Africa.
- Create inter-departmental synergies to enable deliverables by working across executives, marketing and human resources to enable the organisation create brand and product ambassadors of staff.
- Use different marketing platforms to engage staff.
- Manage different internal stakeholder groups: build the internal communications architecture – The Who? What? And Why? Of each message.
- Communicate effectively product and services to staff.
- Create differentiation of the organisation through staff.
- Review and revise content of existing communication platforms.
- Develop and encourage use of feedback mechanism
- Develop and review internal engagement content such company events, presentations and videos, which may then be delivered by top management, Intranet, online or print magazines and newsletters and podcasts.
- Reduce the distance between leadership and staff, reconnect the organisation through internal communication.
- Create synergy between African countries across board, without the country losing their individuality.
- Develop internal channel mix and matrix, introduce innovation as well as improve on existing.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline 16th March, 2018.