United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Job for Compliance Officers, February 2018 – United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s driving money related foundations, with activities in 19 African nations and 3 worldwide budgetary focuses: London, Paris and New York.
From a solitary nation association established in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has developed to wind up plainly a dish African supplier of monetary administrations with more than 11 million clients, through near 1000 business workplaces and touch focuses all around.
In 2005, UBA was conceived through one of the greatest mergers on the African landmass capital markets with the business blend with Standard Trust Bank (STB) Plc.
From the merger UBA has risen as a Pan-African gives a full scope of arrangements and administrations that traverse the full esteem affix from retail to corporate.
UBA is additionally the acclaimed pioneer in electronic installments in the sub-locale.
Reference No: #RMD003
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment
Group Risk Management Directorate strives to achieve sound corporate governance, robust compliance and effective risk management processes for credit, market and liquidity.
Strategies deployed help build robust capital management, effective risk monitoring and proactive risk mitigation.
Advisory, Analytics, Communications, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, Research
- Monitor transactions according to Policy.
- Ensure transaction monitoring and enhanced due diligence on high risk and high profile accounts.
- Manage financial crime risks such as those posed by customers, products, counter-parties in transactions and the transactions themselves through transaction monitoring tools and escalating same where appropriate to the NFIU in form of Suspicious Transaction reports .
- Advisory support service in respect of all Compliance related queries.
- Assist in developing a Group wide compliance culture.
- Facilitate in Compliance training
- Assisting with the update and improvement of the transaction filtering process
- Investigate and clear transactions identified against specified watch lists
- Provide optimum support from a holistic compliance perspective in relation to allocated subsidiaries
- Assist with the implementation of the automated transaction monitoring tool.
- Business office Review
- Assist in responding to inquiries from correspondent banks
- Responding to FATCA related issues
- Ensuring the Bank is compliant with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Educational Qualification:
- Bachelors degree in Humanities
- Masters Degree (desirable)
- Minimum of 2 years post-NYSC experience
- Sound branch operations experience
DEADLINE: 12 February, 2018