Médecins Sans Frontières Recruitment, Tuesday 5, June 2018 – Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-benefit worldwide helpful association committed to giving medicinal help to populaces in emergency, without separation and paying little mind to race, religion, ideology or political alliance.
We are enrolling to fill the situation underneath:
Title: FIN/HR Assistant
Ref No: FIN-HR Assistant SMC 2018
- Plan, support the identification, organize, pay and follow up daily workers according to approved strategy and dully approved daily worker attendance and payment sheets. Plan and organise the transit through helicopter for the flying team, according to MSF-UNHAS standard procedures. Execute other needed payments.
- All processes shall be in strict adherence to MSF values, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure a handwritten cashbook is properly and instantly updated for his/her cash box whenever there is cash movement
- Carry out frequent cash counts and properly clear advances to Finance
- Support the identification of the DWs when needed and their planning of work, provide induction information about MSF and the activities to be held
- Centralise approved Daily worker requests for all sites, organise their work on an administrative and HR side
- Based on approved time sheets, prepare and/or help to prepare daily worker payment sheets for approval by the responsible persons as defined by MSF expense approval procedure
- Properly manage advances in collaboration with finance department and ensures correct amount in the cash box to meet the needs.
- Correctly plan and pay daily worker following properly approved payment sheets.
- Organise and follow-up all transit and movements with helicopter, planning well in advance all the needs and challenges, and inform the supervisor when
- Constantly report to the supervisor with a weekly sitrep and daily calls.
- Professional background : Degree / Diploma in business Administration , Accountancy or a similar discipline
- Professional experience : 2 years as Admin assistant or a similar position preferably in an NGO
- Additional skills/ experience (computer, communication, etc.) : Cash handling experience; ability to use Excel and Word; must be highly organized, able to multi-task, able to work under pressure, to work as a member of a team
- Willingness to travel to remote/hard to reach areas (Banki, Ngala and Rann)
- Previous experience in vaccination campaigns or SMC is an asset
Deadline 12th June, 2018.
Ref No: HOM SUPPORT JUNE 2018
- Supporting the Head of Mission in security management and coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpretations according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to facilitate the mission coordination tasks
- Ensuring the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in the country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context for international and relocated staff
- Translating documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the HoM.
- Supporting the HoM in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally and assisting in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviors.
- Analysing the risks and the security level of the context of the mission and assisting in conducting risk assessments and in the development security plans for the mission and project. Advising the PC and HoM on aspects of security management
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up to date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the Head of Mission, assisting the HoM or representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.). Taking minutes of meetings and preparing full report
- University degree or similar level of education
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economics data
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
- Essential strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country and particularly in Borno State. Experience in humanitarian aid is an asset.
- Experience working in political, security and humanitarian issues in the country
- Proficiency in English and Hausa. Knowledge of Kanouri is an asset.
Interested candidates should send their Applications (containing the below documents and information) to: [email protected] Using “Ref No” as the subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.