PwC Nigeria helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. The PwC network of firms exist in 157 countries with more than 195,000 people.
The CEO works with the Board to provide overall leadership in driving the strategic direction of the company’s activities, articulating growth and operational improvement initiatives, whilst, ensuring judicious management of resources (financial, people, physical, material etc) towards achievement of set corporate goals. The overall focus is to promote the corporate performance, the brand, grow the customer and revenue base, market share, whilst engaging key stakeholders in the industry.
- Provide business leadership in implementing strategic and operational plans necessary to realize corporate objectives as directed and approved by the Board of Directors
- Champion the development and implementation of strategies towards deepening market penetration and achieving sustainable growth and profitability
- Monitor the day-to-day activities of the company to ensure agreed goals and targets are achieved and the assets of the company are safeguarded and optimally utilized in the best interests of all the shareholders and stakeholders
- Work with the Board in promoting good corporate governance at all levels while providing timely information on financial and administrative position of the company to enable the Board and its committees fulfill their statutory and other obligations
- Monitor company’s performance and drive effective implementation of shareholder and Board initiatives and recommendations
- Manage the fiscal activities of the company including financing, budgeting, reporting, compliance and audit
- Liaise with the relevant industry stakeholders, government and/or regulatory bodies and ensure that the company’s interests are presented and protected
- Build a high performance team and create an enabling environment that empowers Executive Management and staff to develop the capability to achieve set goals and objectives while innovatively responding to opportunities and challenges in the Nigerian Capital market
- Promote appropriate corporate culture to embed ethical and socially responsible practices within the company in accordance with applicable statutory and company laws, standards and policies
Education and Experience
- A university degree in Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution
- Postgraduate degree or an MBA and professional qualification in any business related discipline will be an expected qualification.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years post-graduation experience in Capital Markets of Financial Services sector with at least 5 (five) years in Senior Executive Management role.
- Experience in board relations and engagement
Skills and Competencies
This role demands extensive knowledge of Capital Markets, Investment, Information Technology and Commercial functions with bottom line accountability. The incumbent is expected to have in-depth knowledge and understanding of global issues and the impact on the Nigerian Capital Market and economy as a whole.
For success in role performance, the ideal candidate should be visionary and adept at solving diverse business problems with proven business management capabilities (including inspirational leadership, commercial & financial acumen, people management/ development, stakeholder management/ engagement and communication). A global acumen and strong relationship skills will be distinguishing qualities of the successful candidate.
He/She must project strong gravitas, highly developed strategic orientation and ability to positively influence stakeholders towards achieving the company’s strategic priorities.