Latest Job Vacancies at African Development Bank Group – African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the chief dish African improvement foundation, advancing monetary development and social advance over the landmass. There are 80 part states, incorporating 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s advancement plan is conveying the money related and specialized help for transformative ventures that will altogether lessen neediness through comprehensive and practical financial development.
We are enrolling to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Principal Terminologist
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Grade: PL 4
Position N°: 50076726
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to guarantee overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of the Bank’s people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure the accessibility in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese) of all issues and documents submitted to the Senior Management and governing bodies of the Bank, for efficient decision-making aimed at the achievement of the Bank’s mission.
- In this regard, the Department seeks to ensure an accurate and effective flow of communication within the Bank, and also between the Bank, its shareholders, development partners and the public, by providing the highest quality of translation, interpretation and terminological services to the Institution.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the Principal Terminologist will build, maintain and update all types of terminology and reference databases as well as the translation workflow needed for the smooth linguistic functioning of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Principal Terminologist will:
- Conduct specific terminology research and provide ad hoc assistance as required by linguists (translators, revisers, editors, interpreters) and non-linguists in the Bank.
- Set up, manage, enrich and maintain a central terminology and reference database for the Department and the Bank, and evaluate the systems available with a view to recommending the most suitable for the Bank.
- Provide standardization and advisory services (research, knowledge generation and deployment).
- Prepare and issue terminology updates, recommendations and technical glossaries for linguists and non-linguistic staff of the Bank.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the area of language technology (computer-assisted translation and terminology tools), analyze, test and recommend these tools.
- Inform and train the Department’s staff in the use of Bank’s terminology and reference databases as well as in the use of computer-assisted translation and terminology tools.
- Supervise the Terminology and Reference Section of the Language Services Department.
- Coordinate on behalf of Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services and the Bank, all exchanges between the Terminology and Reference Section and counterpart services in sister institutions (United Nations System, OECD, European Union, etc.).
- Represent the Bank at inter-institution meetings on terminology and computer-assisted translation tools (e.g. JIAMCATT) and other relevant international workshops organized in this area.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in translation or any closely related discipline. Qualifications in any other discipline relevant to the business of the African Development Bank Group would be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years practical experience in translation and/or terminology (particularly in economics, finance and/or law), at least three (3) of which should have been spent working in or with an international organization (preferably in multilateral development banks).
- Possess broad general knowledge and be able to adapt quickly to a multicultural and complex environment.
- Be able to quickly fit into multilingual team and maintain harmonious working relations.
- Ability to adjust rapidly to a complex multicultural environment.
- Open-mindedness and willingness to learn.
- Research and terminology development skills.
- Full knowledge of industry-leading computer-assisted translation and terminology tools (e.g. MultiTrans, SDL Trados/Multiterm, MemoQ, etc.)
- Proficiency in translation of documents into French/English or English/French.
- Ability to work with standard Microsoft software used in the Bank.
- Practical knowledge of terminology management applications.
- Ability to communicate excellently (written and oral) in English and French.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Principal Co-Financing Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50093715
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department
The role of the Syndications, Co-Financing and Financial Technical Services Department (FIST) is to:
- Provide centralized syndications and financial technical services to the entire Bank group cutting across both public and private sectors lending activities and across products;
- Establish and coordinate the achievement of bank-wide mobilization targets and KPIs; and
- Serve as a platform to build institutional capacity for two related activities, namely balance sheet management (risk mitigation on the existing portfolio) and agency functions which are the back office activities needed to support a full service syndication function.
- Reporting to the Syndications and Co-financing Division Manager, the Principal Co-Financing Officer develops and maintains close relationships with the donor and development finance community with a view to facilitating and maximizing co-financing of sovereign and non-sovereign projects utilizing both existing and new co-financing arrangements and facilities.
- Existing arrangements presently include the Nigerian Trust Fund, the Accelerated Co-Financing Facility for Africa (Japan), the Africa Growing Together Fund (China), Agence Française de Développement (France), KOAFEC Co-Financing Facility (Korea), PAGODA (European Commission), the Islamic Development Bank and other ad hoc arrangements based on general cooperation agreements (MOUs).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Syndications and Co-financing Division Manager, the Principal Co-Financing Officer will perform the following:
- Creatively and proactively strive to ensure the effective utilization, implementation and management of the Bank’s existing and future co-financing facilities and partnership arrangements.
- Facilitate communication and the flow of information within the Bank and with external stakeholders;
- Coordinate with key internal counterparts (Office of the Vice President for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery; Regional and Country Program Officers; Sector Departments and project Task Managers among others) to identify co-financing opportunities in the Bank’s pipeline for the attention of relevant co-financing facilities coordinators.
- Manage/Coordinate one or more co-financing facilities or partnership arrangements as may be assigned.
- Acquire and apply expert knowledge of Bank’s co-financing facilities and Bank’s project cycle to support and ensure Bank’s overall achievement and compliance with co-financing and partnership agreements as well as Bank’s applicable policies and procedures.
- Track, acquire, consolidate, verify and analyse relevant information from many sources, both internal and external, including information on project evaluation and development results.
- Prepare regular/required reports on co-financing activities etc., support and contribute to the preparation of other internal and external reports as needed.
- Promote knowledge and awareness of Bank’s co-financing arrangements; prepare a variety of other documents and materials as may be required from time to time, e.g., for promotion and public relations, training, explaining the achievements and development results attained through co-financing, etc.
- Contribute constructively to the design and development of new facilities/arrangements.
- Contribute constructively to the formulation and review of relevant Bank policies, rules and procedures.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree (or its equivalent) in Development Economics, Business Administration or related disciplines.
- At least six (06) years of relevant experience acquired in, e.g., a reputable development finance institution or bilateral aid agency.
- The ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Additional useful languages, e.g., Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic, other Romance languages
- Strong writing skills are essential; plus analytical and quantitative skills.
- Understanding of global aid architecture and familiarity with current development issues and events in the development arena.
- Knowledge of Bank or other MDB/DFI project cycle activities and applicable rules, policies, procedures and standard practices, including procurement and disbursement.
- Experience with Bank or comparable large Public/International Organization administrative rules and procedures, e.g., budget, work program, recruitment and management of consultants, etc.
- Ability to fully utilize systems, policies and procedures to solve problems and deliver required results.
- Demonstrated strategic, creative and logical thinking, initiative, problem-solving, common sense, sound reasoning and judgement.
- Ability to plan and organize, achieve desired results on a timely basis.
- Professional demeanor – diplomatic, punctual, well-organized, respectful, ethical, reliable, confident, decisive.
- Teamwork – collaboration, networking, relationship management.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Experience with SAP work environment.
Interested candidates should: Click here to apply
Deadline 4th March, 2018.