Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment for March 2018 – The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, autonomous, philanthropic association dealing with all parts of the displaced person cause in excess of 30 nations all through the world. The point of DRC is to ensure outcasts and inside uprooted people (IDPs) against oppression and to elevate sturdy answers for the issues of constrained relocation, based on compassionate standards and human rights.
DRC works as per the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are enrolling to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Logistics Assistant (Food Security)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Within the scope of DRC’s Food Security project, funded by WFP, the Logistics Assistant is to provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all Food Security delivery modalities (CBT, GFD, BSFP etc).
- Responsible for receiving the redeemed paper vouchers and redeemed SCOPE Cards and archiving them in accordance CBT manuals and policies and relevant SOPs in coordination with the DRC Food Security Unit;
- For paper vouchers and SCOPE, s/he works on daily basis with the retailers/Vendors, perform the reconciliation of commodities and prices. Once the scanned copy of the invoice is received from Retailers/vendors, S/he must double check and submitted to Snr Food Security Officer (CBT) and Commodity Tracking Officer for further review;
- Responsible for receiving the original retailer invoices and submitting to the DRC Finance CBT Focal Point;
- Follow up and determine with procurement and programme the need for standby contracts for vendors;
- Regularly update and keep track of contracts and contract extension of the retailers/ Vendors
- Perform other duties, as required by the FSM
- 2 years work experience in a humanitarian organization
- 1 year hands on experience in the implementation of the Cash Voucher program
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Availability: Immediately
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Interested candidates should: Click here to apply
Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Emergency manager & the senior officer to develop, coordinate and manage a Food/Nutrition Distribution project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist the EM to manage, train and develop the Food/Nutrition Distribution team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Assist the EM to represent Food/Nutrition distribution project in internal and external forums
- Assist the EM in project documentation, conducting of field assessments, profiling, distribution and community sensitization
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgable on nutrtion and food security programming, particually within an INGO context.
- You should have both project and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- Relevant higher education at college level on nutrition and health.
- Experience from working as a nutritionist Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context within Nutrition program, preferably with an international NGO
- Proven experience from registration, verification and distribution in emergency relief operations is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of protection principles and likely protection concerns arising in the Nigerian context as well as conflict sensitivity
- Computer skills (primarily MS Office applications), especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
- Experience in complex emergencies and the ability to live and work in a very remote environment
- Ability to work under pressure and without daily supervision
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and have a sound knowledge of the local languages of Maiduguri
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software Languages:
- Knowledge of the context in rural Nigeria
- Contract length: 6 months
- Level: SB3
- Start date: 10th April, 2018.
Interested candidates should: Click here to apply
Deadline 3rd April, 2018.
For more NGO Job Vacancies in Nigeria click here.