Current Jobs at FHI 360 – FHI 360 is a charitable human advancement association committed to enhancing lives in enduring routes by progressing incorporated, privately determined arrangements. Our staff incorporates specialists in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; making an extraordinary blend of capacities to address the present interrelated advancement challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 nations, each of the 50 U.S. states and all U.S. regions.
We are as of now looking for qualified possibility for the position underneath:
“Title: Country Director
Job Type: Full time
- Provides leadership and management oversight for a portfolio of programs and research at the country level.
- Oversees operations, leads and manages teams of various sizes, and is the primary company representative for the country.
- Ensures strong collaboration with local government, international donors and sponsors, and civil society partners.
- Interacts with other sectors to integrate and manage work plans, budgets, and multi-sector interventions.
- Implements evidence based interventions in one or more multi-sector areas, as well as new technologies and practices.
- Oversees project implementation that requires the use of the Operational Model (RACI) frameworks.
- The Country Director will be the Representative for FHI 360 activity at the country level.
- S/he will be responsible for direct supervision of COPs and Project Directors, as assigned and updated yearly, and the primary point of contact for Business development.
- The shared services in Nigeria include the following departments/units: human resources, procurement, contracts management services (CMS), finance, enterprise services (facilities, travels/logistics, storage/warehousing, communication, utilities, etc.), administration, information technology (IT), security and compliance.
- Coordination with all projects present in Nigeria; oversight of all FHI 360 activities.
- Planning for office size and staffing changes and ensuring best value to clients/donors of shared services.
- In coordination with the Security team, ensures duty of care and safety for staff throughout Nigeria, including humanitarian operations in the North East of the country.
- Coordinates closely with FHI 360 Affiliate, AHNI.
- Manages Country Office (CO) development and implementation process of the company’s services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the Country Office. Oversees the CO shared services platform.
- Strong candidates will have experience in leadership and management positions for international NGOs with diverse staff including expatriates, multiple in-country locations, and demonstrated ability to motivate and lead a large staff from throughout Nigeria as well as liaise and establish relationships with high-level officials in the Nigerian government, the private sector, and international donor community.
- Provides leadership, ensures quality and oversees all company operations in the Country
- Manages project portfolio as detailed above
- Responsible for overall vision of Nigeria Portfolio including projects managed by other COPs (SIDHAS, Global Fund, UNICEF, IHANN/OFDA)
- Develops and monitors landscape analysis, strategic plans, proposals, protocols, papers, reports, and budget to achieve project and company goals
- Manages staff with training and operational procedures to achieve strategic goals of the project and the company.
- Ensures talent development and team building
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters
- Ensures a harmonized enterprise services platform at the country level
- As chief of safety and security for FHI360 operations in the country, ensures security and safety of all FHI360 operations, staff, consultants and related assets in the country.
- Oversees operation functions of Country Office/sub offices, including within the areas of management, finance, contracts and grants, security, legal and human resources to ensure the office and projects managed within the office are compliant with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures technical oversight and quality assurance for projects in which the Country Director is also designated project Director and/or COP or coordinates with primary technical supervisor within the appropriate sector(s) to ensure this technical oversight and support
- Coordinates a matrixed management approach to capacity building, support and oversight of shared services staff, and program/technical staff in specifically designated projects.
- Provides operational support to global or regional projects with systems, skills and resources to ensure the quality of the country portfolio
- Provides direction to the overall leadership and management team in Nigeria, in particular as regards strategic program direction, managed growth and compliance with organization policies and procedures and donor regulations.
- Manages, implements, and monitors systems, services, and staff for shared services, within project budgets to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
- Provides timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to company management and donors as required.
- Prepares and monitors approved budgets for shared services and Country managed projects.
- Approves all expenditures relating to G&A budgets.
- Provides technical assistance through review or writing of proposals, protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
- Recruits, orients and supervises (Department/unit Directors) to support country programs and ensure the completion of technical, programmatic, financial, and resource development needs are met and achieved.
- Provides supportive guidance and supervision to Technical and Program staff, and Managers who are charged to implement programs within the assigned area of expertise.
- Collaborates with Operations and cross functional groups on matters concerning staff development that leverages international staff to mentor local staff, so as to maintain project accountability and scale in the short term and fast track capacity building for the long term.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Decisions and actions have a significant impact on management and operations.
- Problems encountered are moderate to complex and highly varied.
- Exercises judgment to meet business strategies and develops objectives that align with organizational goals.
- Sets goals, objectives, timelines and budgets for projects under his/her management and leads coordination with other projects/departments in achieving strategic goals for the country.
- Leads coordination of resources for ongoing program/projects across functional areas and addresses/ resolves issues.
- Oversees project implementation for projects under his/her portfolio
- Oversees shared services for entire country office
- Typically reports to a Regional Director
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices in project management, process development and execution.
- Ability to build positive local working relationships with local communities, district/state/national government officials, UN and other multilateral bodies and donor representatives.
- Deep knowledge of budgeting, financial management, human resources and compliance policies and best practices
- Ability to analyze and establish effective and supportive cross- program coordination, organizational procedures, and management systems.
- Excellent and demonstrated public relations, policy, representation, and diplomacy skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to strategize, plan and manage resources for successful completion of projects (ADD)
- Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate with others
- Discretion on legal and HR issues ; point of contact for legal counsel in country
- Proactive communication with HQ
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones.
- Greater than 25%
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply“