Business Development Executive Job Offer at Stanbic IBTC Bank – Stanbic IBTC Bank is a main African saving money assemble concentrated on developing markets all inclusive. It has been a backbone of South Africa’s money related framework for a long time, and now traverses 16 nations over the African landmass.
Standard Bank is a firm adherent to specialized advancement, to enable us to ensure uncommon customer administration and driving edge budgetary arrangements. Our developing worldwide achievement mirrors our sense of duty regarding the most recent arrangements, the best individuals, and a remarkably adaptable and dynamic working society. To enable us to drive our prosperity into the future, we are searching for clever people to join our committed group at our workplaces.
We are selecting to fill the position underneath:
Business Development Executive Job Offer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Job Title: Business Development Executive – SIIBL
Job ID: 29047
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Financial Services
- To grow and develop insurance income for SIIB and deliver profitable revenue streams from within and outside of the Stanbic IBTC Group.
- Expansion of the Stanbic IBTC Group business through identification of revenue opportunities and harnessing of this revenue streams.
- Ensure effective cross sell of insurance products and services across all major product lines.
- Execution of the regional sales strategy to achieve all revenue goals and targets through engagement with both external and internal stakeholders.
Achieve monthly sales target of Insurance brokerage commission:
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly Insurance brokerage commission target
- Achieve and surpass assigned monthly/yearly insurance policy target
- Make physical / telephone calls / e-mails to clients for customer interactions
- Organize and facilitate Interactive sessions
- Effectively communicate and follow through, with client requests to Technical Operations /support units
- Maintain and update comprehensive customer database.
- Ensure Client Control files are maintained for all Corporate customers
- Consistently identify value to our customers by leveraging the various resources within the group
- Achieve and surpass assigned new customer acquisition for both personal and business lines
- Identify, initiate and convert leads for SIIBL
- Grow SIIBL wallet share of customer’s insurance portfolio by harnessing and upselling insurance products.
- Provide advice to corporate clients on managing and transferring risk using insurance solutions
- Ensure penetration into Customers own insurance arrangements by harvesting the Banks client base in CIB, PBB and Wealth thereby reducing leakage of potential revenue.
- Operate within the NAICOM guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company.
- Grow SIIBL’s share of mind among clients/ organizations in assigned institutions
- Proffer possible strategies/ways to improve sales and relating to customers.
- Identify key insurance opportunities outside of the Stanbic IBTC Bank network and across the country and appropriately position SIIBL to capture the business and revenue streams
- Grow the SIIB business within the region through regular engagement with prospective clients within and outside of the Group.
Customer Service Quality and Efficiency:
- Ensure sales, renewal, premium payment, policy issuing and claims processes for all insurance products and services are adhered to.
- Ensure accurate recording of both insurance direct sale and cross sell revenue and sales per product or service.
- Provide excellent service to existing policy holders and ensure clients are notified before insurance policies expires
- Ensure all policies and products are competitive and remain competitive by conducting ongoing market and competitive analysis
Ensure Legislative Compliance and SIBTC standards:
- Operate within the NAICOM guidelines and framework so as to avoid sanctions or infractions to the Company
- Educate and enlighten clients employers about the dynamics of the Insurance industry
- Continuously monitor market trends in the insurance industry, including the regulatory and legal framework, with a view to assessing the possible impact on the insurance brokerage
- Maintain close contact with all internal stakeholders within Wealth – Benefit Administration, Administration, Contribution & Collections, Investment Management, Information Technology, Client Services, Client Experience, SIIB, SIAML, SITL and across all segments and leverage off their deals that might have insurance content.
- Liaise with Regulator on product development
- Maintain continuous discussion with external counterparties specifically insurance companies where required
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a first degree in General Social Science/Marketing
- A relevant Masters degree or professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience with exposure in business development, sales and relationship management, sale of insurance products in an insurance company
Insurance Technical Competencies:
- Understanding of the basic principles of insurance including good faith, insurable interest, indemnity, contribution, subrogation and proximate cause.
- Knowledge and understanding of the range of insurance products and services available in the market and how that can be used to meet clients needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the information gathering process, the factors that affect the accepting and underwriting of risks and how these are applied on a day-to-day basis.
Effective Business Communication:
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in a clear and concise manner appropriate for the audience in order to explain, persuade, convince and influence others to achieve the desired outcomes..
- The ability to communicate and deliver information verbally in a clear, concise and comprehensive manner to other people, using appropriate props and tools.
Compliance (KYC etc):
- Knowledge and practical application of the requirements for KYC Compliance including the determination of beneficial ownership in complex client corporate structures., The ability to interpret regulations and laws that apply to the business and to provide information to business on how to comply e.g. Insurance Act 2003.
- The ability to use marketing techniques to increase the perceived value of the organisation over time and build customer loyalty through positive brand awareness.
- The ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Deadline: 22nd December, 2017.