International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment, March 2018 – The International Rescue Committee (IRC) reacts to the world’s most exceedingly awful compassionate emergencies and encourages individuals to survive and remake their lives.
Established in 1933 at the demand of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving consideration and extraordinary help to individuals influenced by war or calamity.
At work today in more than 40 nations and 22 U.S. urban communities, we reestablish security, poise and want to millions who are removed and attempting to persevere. The IRC drives the path from damage to home
We are enlisting to fill the situation underneath:
Title: M&E Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- The purpose of the M&E Officer position is to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
- S/he will also conduct development research, engage in reflective practice and generate lessons from projects/program and prepare M&E plans for the sector or EH.
- S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program s/he assigned for and coordinates the proper and timely evaluation of project objectives/impact. S/he will supervise, coach, and mentor the Health Assistant M&E Officer/s.
- S/he will ensure the existence of accountability mechanisms and devise a strategy for program staff participation in M&E activities.
- The position holder will closely work with front line staff and volunteers. S/he also will work closely with the M&E unit on technical matters and reports to the M&E Manager and will have dotted line relation with the EH managers.
Program/project design and learning (—-% of time):
- Participate in program/ project design specially in developing logframes;
- Design, develop and continuously update project M&E, and impact measurement tools and systems on timely fashion;
- Develop and make sure all the projects in the sub-sector has tested monitoring tools that capture both program activity and indicators progresses;
- Take part in diagnostic studies, evaluations and surveys;
- Organize periodical ongoing sector level review, reflective practice, evaluation and progress monitoring events by involving communities and local partners;
- Organize panel monitoring and/or similar M&E events to ensure accountability to the target community, with relevant stakeholders including communities and ensure their dissemination to concerned parties;
- With support from the M&E Manager and M&E Coordinator, establish and maintain project level information management system;
- Design a strategy to collect filed level information required by IRC, donors and/or stakeholders;
- Proactively ensure networking and sharing of lessons from the core program with strategic partners and other stakeholders including government;
- Ensure that learning from previous projects is incorporated into project design where applicable;
- Coordinate synergy and cross-learning among different projects and programs;
- Cross fertilize learning among projects by regularly producing (compiling) summary monitoring reports and sharing to staff and partners.
Monitoring and evaluation (— % of time):
- Track progress against monitoring work plans;
- Coordinate the field level community participatory monitoring and evaluation, reflective practice and impact measurement;
- Ensues the on time execution of projects major monitoring and evaluation events including but not limited to baseline survey, mid-term evaluation, final evaluation, data quality audit and field supervision;
- Provide technical assistance to staff and partner organization on information management system, proper data collection and record keeping;
- Provide consistent, supportive supervision to strengthen staff performance as necessary to meet monitoring objectives;
- Update M&E plan timely and provide feedback to program staff on status and quality of implementation.
- Assist with monthly and/or quarterly performance indicator analysis, including generation of reports as well as presentations for staff related to on-going performance;
- Conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data;
- Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues;
- Document findings from data quality audits and store in project files to ensure collective and sustainable access;
- Actively participate in and contribute to M&E team activities, system assessments, development and implementation of new systems and/or tools aimed at strengthening overall M&E practices at IRC Nigeria;
- Closely work with staff to ensure they follow correct procedures and criteria during beneficiary registration;
- Take part in the recruitment of enumerators and survey consultants;
- Provide M&E inputs for reports written during project implementation;
- Periodically leads reflective practice forums at field office/ project level and compile lessons from project implementation processes.
Information management and reporting (—% of time):
- Establish and maintain project information management system;
- Submit data set to update country office wide program database on monthly basis;
- Compile regular project monitoring report, including lessons learned, prepared by different projects and application of evaluation recommendations;
- Ensure all projects have downward/ forward accountability mechanisms and works with project staff to make sure its implementation;
- Compile quarter, biannual and annual tabular and narrative reports (as required by project stakeholders) on projects’ accomplishments by cost and alert the management for special deviations form the plan.
Capacity building and supervision (—% of time):
- Assist local partners in designing monitoring and reporting tools and establishing database management systems.
- Organize orientation for front line staff, partners’ staff and volunteers on the monitoring tools and train them how to use data for decision making;
- Let the front line staff and volunteers understand IRC’s program principles and the bigger picture, in general;
- Coach, mentor and supervise Assistant M&E Officer/s,
- Assist her/his subordinate/s in completing performance management activities including: performance planning, monitoring, and annual performance appraisals;
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor (—-% of time):
- Perform other task related assignment proposed by his/her supervisor/s
Skills and Experience
- Degree/diploma in Statistics, Computer Science/IT/or any sector or sub-sector related field;
- Excellent computer skills are required (particularly Microsoft Excel, Access and Word);
- At least two year experience working in monitoring and evaluation preferred;
- Strong data collection, analysis, and report writing skills required;
- Ability to work independently, think analytically and take initiative in solving problems;
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively;
- Familiarity with logframe analysis and M&E plan;
- Experience in conducting assessment;
- Desirable – Working with highly vulnerable and displaced people would be added advantage;
- Good verbal communication skills in local languages and working knowledge of English;
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles;
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with groups of diverse backgrounds.
Specific Security Situation/Housing
- The security situation in the NE continues to be volatile at level 3 (orange). Security level as it’s one of the three states of emergency (SoE) in the NE of the country.
- The candidate should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments
Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Deadline 30th March, 2018.
Title: Senior Health Clinical Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Scope of Work
- The Senior Health Clinical Officer services is responsible for overseeing all health care activities for IRC supported health facilities in Akira Uba Borno state and Adamawa State. Responsibilities will include identifying program gaps in Health services with immediate solution for further necessary steps to address those gap.
- Assist in providing technical support in planning, implementing and monitoring of Health interventions and as well support in system strengthening and promotion of quality health programing.
- The Senior Health Clinical Officer will oversee and supervises health clinical officers and reports to the Health Manager. The position is based in Mubi with regular trips to Askira Uba, and IRC’s health programs throughout Adamawa State and other parts of Nigeria as needed.
- Provide full support to Health Manager on Project Management cycle
- Deputize for Health Manager when the need arises
- Over sees all field health team activities and report to manager
- In collaboration with the other health program staff in Nigeria, oversee the implementation of health projects implemented by IRC Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the Health Manager, ensure that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and WHO. Ensure that all health activities are consistent with established best practices.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s health programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
- Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing monitoring of health programme activities
- Participate in the design of robust M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC health programs in Nigeria
- Contribute to the growth of the IRC health programme in Nigeria through quality implementation of project activities, adequate monitoring and timely reporting as needed, working in conjunction with other colleagues in the IRC Nigeria program.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed.
- Organise planned trainings for health staff and ensure that FMOH and WHO guidelines are used for all trainings which should be delivered in a quality manner.
- Support the set-up of use of FMOH clinical guidelines in all health facilities, providing mentoring as required to improve compliance.
- Undertake 6 monthly inventory management assessments (IMAT) in each supported health facility and discuss implications of the results.
- Follow all IRC guidelines, programme and budget management tools
- Ensure a good working relationship with all stakeholders involved in service provision to supported health facilities in Adamawa State.
- Ensure the consistent use of the IRC grant management guidelines during programme implementation.
- College Diploma in Nursing /Midwifery/Clinical Medicine
- At least 5 Years work experience in health programs both at clinical and community based programs, working in maternal and child health, drugs and medical supplies management and other primary Health care components is preferable
- Thorough knowledge and understanding Health Policy of Nigeria
- Previous experience working in Northern Nigeria, willingness to work in Northern Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience delivering MCH and related trainings to health staff using national or WHO guidelines
- NGO work experience is an advantage
- Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken ); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, be flexible, and adaptability to transitions.
Specific Security Situation/Housing
- The security situation in the NE continues to be volatile at level 3 (orange). Security level as it’s one of the three states of emergency (SoE) in the NE of the country. The candidate should be prepared to implement programming in insecure environments
- Monthly salary, 13 Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Deadline 30th March, 2018.
Title: Nutrition Nurse
Job Purpose / Objective
- To implement and monitor the nutrition project interventions aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the operation area.
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in SC in liaison with the clinical services .Give and advice on the drug regimen for children in the SC.
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management of children in the Stabilization centre and ensure the laid protocols are followed.
- Participate in daily ward rounds in the SC ward with the medical team.
- Strictly Monitor and record the vital signs as required and report any deviation from the Normal
- Prepare for and assist the doctors during the rounds and whenever required.
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts.
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward.
- Arrange and submit weekly ward work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities for each refugee staff.
- Escort patient to other referral hospital when necessary.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same.
- Maintain drug registers and drug consumption within the ward level.
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur.
- Ensure the establishment of nutrition monitoring activities and train health staff in case detection and referral system.
- Improvement of the MIYCN program in the ward and ensure mother establish breastfeeding while in the ward
- Monitor therapeutic Feeds and ensure that children get 3 hourly therapeutic feeds as required.
- Ensure timely reporting in accordance with set deadlines.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition counseling in the hospital
- Plan and Conduct continuous monitoring of the OTP and SC patient management through quality of care (QoC) assessments.
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Nigeria
- Must possess at least three (3) years’ experience in implementing nutrition related activities in a busy community set up.
- S/He must possess ability to analyze and interpret both quantitative and qualitative programmed data.
- Must possess excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have cognate skills in computer appreciation.
- MUST possess a high level of integrity and with good interpersonal skills
- Ready to work in difficult environmental conditions.
- Addition nutrition training in CMAM is an added advantage.
- Strong communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
- Previous experience in North east-Nigeria
- Previous experience working in insecure contexts
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations.
- Strong background in humanitarian projects.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, E- mail, out look
- Should be a team player and culturally sensitive.
Standards for Professional Conduct
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline 25th March, 2018.
Application Method for International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment, March 2018
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter and Resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated as the subject of the email, addressed to the “HR Coordinator, International Rescue Committee”, via Email to: [email protected]
- CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.