World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment for Zonal Data Assistant – World Health Organization (WHO) is the coordinating and planning expert for wellbeing inside the United Nations framework.
It is in charge of giving authority on worldwide wellbeing matters, forming the wellbeing research motivation, setting standards and gauges, articulating proof based arrangement alternatives, giving specialized help to nations and checking and evaluating wellbeing patterns.
We are enrolling to fill the empty position beneath:
Title: Zonal Data Assistant
Ref No: 1800034
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 months
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the post is to coordinate WHO data management and M&E activities at zonal level and provide evidence driven information for actions aimed at supporting the zone/states to:
- Ensure availability of quality, timely, and complete information that guides the surveillance and immunization program
- Monitor achievement of recommended surveillance performance indicators for Acute Flaccid Paralysis (AFP), other Vaccine Preventable Diseases as well as other diseases of public health priority as highlighted in Nigeria’s Integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy.
- Provide evidences through the timely utilization of different data available and guide the program
Description of Duties
The specific functions of the incumbent are:
- Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI Perform data harmonization, validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to national level
- Work closely with Zonal M&E officer in the provision of monthly feedback on M&E/Accountability Framework to states
- Produce monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at relevant levels
- Support the zone with data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the zone.
- Provide technical data management support to the zone and states.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers.
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to states for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Perform other activities as required by the supervisor.
- Essential: Completion of university degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management and related field; preferably supplemented by a certificate in GIS.
- Desirable: training in monitoring and evaluation.
- Essential: At least 5 years experience in data management and ICT in an international organization, NGO, government agencies or any other reputable organization.
- Thorough knowledge of data management/ICT skill; strong analytical skill.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 8,200,887 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
Deadline 22nd January, 2018.