World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment, February 2018 – World Health Organization (WHO) is the coordinating and planning expert for wellbeing inside the United Nations framework. Read more about World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment, February 2018 below;
It is in charge of giving initiative on worldwide wellbeing matters, forming the wellbeing research motivation, setting standards and norms, articulating proof based strategy alternatives, giving specialized help to nations and observing and evaluating wellbeing patterns.
We are enrolling to fill the empty position beneath:
Title: Travel Protocol Assistant
Ref Id: 1800329
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary Appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 1 year
Objectives of the Programme
- To support national authorities reduce morbidity, disability and mortality due to vaccine preventable diseases by improving access and utilization of immunization services; accelerating efforts to achieve polio eradication, measles control, maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination, yellow fever control; promoting innovations including introduction of new and under-utilized vaccines; improving vaccine safety and security and systematizing access to immunization services integrated with other child survival interventions.
Description of Duties
- Liaise with the Airport and Customs as well as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials and arrange reception of WHO visitors.
- Assist with immigration formalities and transportation.
- Assist in processing of passports, visas with Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Embassies etc and obtain clearances for travel outside Lagos.
- Assist staff members in obtaining Customs Clearance upon separation from the Organization.
- Assist staff and their family members at the Airport on initial recruitment.
- Process requests for Special I.D. Cards (resident permits) and visas from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Immigration AuthoritiesLiaise with Transport Officers regarding transportation for staff/consultants from/to the Airport and hotels.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Essential: Minimum of GCE A level or Equivalent
- Essential: Over 5 years extensive experience in handing WHO or other UN agencies vehicles, maintenance etc.
- Good knowledge and practical use of Computer are mandatory. Good Communication, drafting and reporting skills.
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN 5,333,561 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this position
Title: Graphic Artist
Ref Id: 1800326
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The Graphic Designer will support the WHO Nigeria Communications Team for successful implementation and publication of various communications/visibility products SHe will provide technical support to the design and implementation of the project work plans, maps, graphics, figures, publications, brochures, leaflets, banners, booklets, bi-monthly and annual report.
Description of Duties
- Design themes, Layouts, contents and covers of documents.
- Develop web interface and design for WCO website, operational databases in close collaboration with Web and Database Developers at AFRO
- Development and design maps, graphics, templates and tables, c) Modify graphics, figures and maps.
- Development of figures, including colours, fonts, graphics and layout, and resulting materials such as Newsletters, brochures, reports, banners, posters, fliers and booklets.
- Creation of graphic templates to be used for reports and presentations.
- Creation of brochures, business cards, information folders, publications, and other similar promotional materials related to the work of the WCO.
- Update and revision of existing publications, materials and graphics.
- Preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and other communication products (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with graphic guidelines and in close cooperation with responsible officers.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations. This will require the graphic designer to provide technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards).
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions (design of CD/DVD packaging, graphic digitalization)
- Liaison with printers and other publish houses for printing and creation of materials.
- Safeguard and ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with the WHO graphic guidelines;
- Maintain and further develop the graphic guidelines, in line with overall WCO directives
- Maintain templates (In-design, CorelDraw, Publisher Word, PowerPoint etc) and give technical support.
- Assist in establishing and be responsible for maintaining photo archive. Build local capacity
- Any other duties as may be requested.
- Essential: Bachelor degree in a discipline relevant to IT, Fine Arts and Graphic Design.
- Desirable: Certified degree in CAD (computer-aided design and drafting) software relevant to the production of maps and illustrations.
- Essential: Experience in working at different CAD environment, mainly at Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator andor Corel Draw and good knowledge at Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Approved experience should be provided in case of non-academic background.
- Desirable: Experience working with the UN or any international NGO
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply for this position
Deadline 14th February, 2018.