Westminster Foundation for Democracy Recruitment for Programme Coordinator – Westminster Foundation for Democracy is the UK’s driving vote based system reinforcing association. We unite parliamentary and political gathering skill to help creating nations and nations changing to vote based system.
We are enlisting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Programme Coordinator
Contract type: Fixed term contract for services
Full Time contract (April 2018 – March 2021)
WFD in Nigeria
- WFD’s engagement in Nigeria is aimed at supporting sustainable democratic growth through inclusive citizen participation and strengthened institutions capable of accountable governance and service delivery.
- WFD is committed to strengthening core democratic institutions, including the legislature, political parties, civil society, to be accountable and responsive, with regards to service delivery, and; using research and technology to build an active political culture among citizens.
- WFD is looking to recruit an experienced Programme Coordinator to lead implementation of newly established EU funded programme, #OurVoteCountsNG in Nigeria. This programme will be implemented by WFD, in partnership with the Nigeria Women Trust Fund (NWTF).
- This intervention has been designed with the overall objective of increasing participation of women, youth and other marginalised groups in the electoral process in Nigeria. To contribute to this long-term aim, the project will work towards increasing awareness of citizens from marginalised groups, specifically, women and youth, by enhancing their capacity to engage in Nigeria’s electoral process.
- This increased awareness will contribute to the informed participation of women and youth voters in the 2019 elections. The programme will support the realization of the EU specific objective of improving the quality of electoral administration and citizens’ participation in the electoral process in Nigeria. Ultimately, implementation will contribute towards the reinforcement of democracy in Nigeria.
Main Purpose of the Role
- One of the Programme Coordinator’s key tasks will be to realise the successful implementation of the activities of the programme.
- To this end, the role will be responsible for leading, driving and coordinating the day to day delivery of programme activities and managing administrative and logistical requirements in the planning, budgeting, implementation and, reporting of the programme.
- The role will also require preparing and disseminating project documentation, leading the preparation of the narrative and financial reports, designing and managing the collection of monitoring and evaluation data and communicating project successes and achievements.
- The Programme Coordinator will have responsibility for coordinating WFD’s implementation of the programme in Abuja, Imo, Osun and Benue State; while working closely with NWTF Coordinator to ensure synergy and effective realisation of the programme workplan.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills necessary to produce concepts and reports and to present them to WFD’s partners, to donors, and to local partners and other stakeholders as required
- Fluent in one or two local languages, including Pidgin English
- A sound understanding of Nigeria’s political process and political background and the challenges of democracy building in the country
- At least 3 years’ experience of programme monitoring and evaluation methodologies including logframes, developing case studies
- Thorough understanding of financial management, numerical competency; at least 3 years’ experience managing budgets and financial transactions
- At least 3 years’ experience leading and/or supporting programme implementation and coordination
Salary range £15,000 – £18,500 gross per annum.
Application Method for Westminster Foundation for Democracy Recruitment for Programme Coordinator
Interested candidates should submit a completed “Application Form” below, to: [email protected] to be considered for this role.
Deadline 30th March, 2018.
- This is a locally based field role and therefore the successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the relevant location.
- The appointment will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
- This statement is for information only and does not form part of a contract.
- Due to the volume of application we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.