The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – for a long time, UNICEF has been taking a shot at the ground in 190 nations and regions to advance kids’ survival, insurance and improvement. The world’s biggest supplier of immunizations for creating nations, UNICEF underpins kid wellbeing and sustenance, great water and sanitation, quality essential instruction for all young men and young ladies, and the assurance of youngsters from savagery, misuse, and AIDS. UNICEF is subsidized altogether by the intentional commitments of people, organizations, establishments and governments.
In the event that you are a dedicated, innovative expert and are enthusiastic about having an enduring effect for youngsters, the world’s driving kids’ rights association might want to get notification from you.
We are enrolling to fill the empty position underneath:
Vacancy for Consultant – Data Analyst at United Nations Children’s Fund
Job Title: Consultant – Data Analyst (U-report)
Job Number: 509575
Location: Abuja: Nigeria
Work Type : Consultancy
- Since the inception of U-Report in 2014, over 250 poll questions and alerts have been sent out. Bi-weekly poll questions are sent to over 2.2 million registered users on the issues they care about, poll results are also shared on a regular basis.
- The platform needs a senior data analyst to manage the polling calendar, ensure polls are sent out in time in the 4 main languages and work with the data clerks to ensure unsolicited poll questions are responded to using Frequently Asked Question and Answer banks.
- The senior data analyst will also play a vital role in ensuring partners using the platform are given poll reports when the polls are closed.
- The senior data analyst also plays a key role in supporting the Project Officer in working with translators, media partners and training partners on use of the platform and recruitment.
- Polling, data analysis and reporting
- Management of bi-weekly polls calendar
- Technical support to the U-Report Project Officer/National Coordinator
- Unsolicited messages management
- Organisation of live chats
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Analyze current polls for publication in national press and share with partners
- Display trends through data analysis in graphs at expert level
- Analyze historical polls to establish baseline trends for monitoring of future attitudinal change
- Management of U-Report Calendar
- Source for poll questions from sections
- Construct flows for polls on rapid-pro
- Assist with developing and sending out weekly messages and alerts
- Identify challenges within the U-Report digital operational structure that can allow data integrity to be compromised
- Manage technical issues on the U-Report platform
- Assist with management of innovations on the rapid pro platform such as Suveyor for FMOH
- Manage the IOGT Nigeria page and updates on rapidpro
- Give technical Support to the U-Report Project Officer
- Manually remove irrelevant data from polls using U-report online interface
- Identify and categorize popular themes from unsolicited messages that potentially require further processing e,g reports of diseases and outbreaks
- Identification and rectification of missing fields of demographics and registration based on user profile information
- Make recommendations for data display in U-report website
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- A first Degree in Mathematics, IT, Social Work and Administration or any other related field.
- At least 5 years working experience in research and data analysis
- Experience using online dashboards for data analysis
- Experience using the Rapidpro software and U-Report.
- Expert level experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- A good understanding of UNICEF programs and policy, including knowledge of technology for developments programs.
- Good understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills
- Experience of working within teams
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle advanced data integrity tests
- Proven successful track record in data analysis projects with tangible results.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. Fluency in a local dialect is also desired.
- Residence and work experience in Nigeria, current or past, is advantageous
- Monthly progress reports based on agreed deliverables/tasks to be accomplished
- Detailed and up to date poll calendar
- End of consultancy report
- Level: This consultancy is at the NO-A level of the UNICEF Nigeria Consultancy Scale.
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
- January 16th, 2018 to December 15th, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Deadline 27th December, 2017.