Vacancies at Tropical Health LLP, Friday 9th March 2018 – Tropical Health LLP is a global consultancy organization spe… ing in the observing and assessment (M&E) of wellbeing and sickness control programs in Africa and Asia.
We contribute extraordinarily to the cost viability and maintainability of advancement help in the wellbeing part by enhancing the accessibility, quality and utilization of proof for vital and operational arranging and program usage.
We offer an assortment of administrations in the M&E field including free assessments and audits, wellbeing research thinks about, complete program M&E plan and arrangements, wellbeing reconnaissance and data frameworks.
We immovably put stock in the standards of creating neighborhood limit and exchanging aptitudes and information.
MALARIA PUBLIC HEALTH AND DATA SPE…T
Contract type: Fixed Term, 2 years with possible extension
Tropical Health is seeking an exceptional Malaria Public Health and Data Spe…t to lead and build the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) as part of a large donor malaria programme in Nigeria.
The position will be seconded to the NMEP’s Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) branch with the aim of building the branch’s capacity in technical leadership of all NMEP M&E and data and evidence generation activities.
The position will be based in Abuja with extensive travel to support selected State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) M&E teams.
As a senior member of the donor funded programme management team in Nigeria, the Malaria Public Health and Data Spe…t is responsible for:
In partnership with the NMEP, develop and operationalise a NMEP M&E Capacity Building Strategy.
Lead the technical capacity building of the NMEP’s M&E branch to implement the NMEP M&E plan, including, but not limited to:
- Define clear roles and responsibilities of NMEP/SMEP M&E personnel
- Define clear flow and processes for malaria data collection through a mix of different malaria information systems
- Strengthen data collation and quality assurance for routine (surveillance) and survey or evaluation data
- Analyse and interpret data and build capacity of the NMEP team in the same
- Strengthen the utility and quality of data presentation, using attractive visual formats where relevant, in key N/SMEP reports and information sharing efforts
- Promote and support use of data and evidence by all NMEP and SMEP personnel for planning, budgeting and decision making
- Liaise with and leverage on other donor malaria M&E strengthening interventions to maximize and ensure complementary of efforts
- Provide the senior management team feedback on progress of capacity building efforts.
- Work closely with the programme’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Spe…t to ensure activities are aligned.
- Represent the programme in technical fora, such as the NMEP M&E Sub-committee of the Malaria Technical Working Group.
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, surveillance, research methods or other relevant qualification.
- At least 10 year’s proven experience in a relevant context.
- Demonstrated experience of leading malaria M&E activities, with a record of achieving programme objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems’ dynamics and challenges in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of malaria M&E systems in Nigeria and/or comparable country contexts.
- Strong experience building capacity, supervising and mentoring staff and partners, including facilitating training.
- In-depth understanding of the health, political, social and cultural context of Nigeria.
- Experience working effectively with Government and donors.
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in at least one statistical software package, preferably Stata, alternatively
- SPSS or R; knowledge of other data software an advantage, such as mapping software
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Negotiable and commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
STATE DATA SYSTEMS STRENGTHENING ADVISOR
Tropical Health is seeking experienced State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor’s (SDSSA) as part of a large donor malaria programme that will operate in five Northern (Katsina, Jigawa, Yobe, Kano, Kaduna) and one Southern (Lagos) State in Nigeria.
The positions will be based in the capital city of the programme supported States with extensive travel within the State.
The position will have a dual role of and building capacity of state malaria elimination programme (SMEP) M&E teams and coordinating and implementing state-level programme Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Operations Research (OR) activities.
The SDSSA’s will be line managed by the State Team Leader’s, with the technical oversight from Abuja based Spe…ts.
The SDSSA’s should hold a Bachelor’s degree in research methods, public health, epidemiology, surveillance or other relevant subjects and at least 5 year’s proven experience in a relevant context.
We are looking for someone with with experience of coordinating and implementing state-level M&E activities, with a good understanding of Nigeria’s malaria response and health system and the challenges it faces.
The right candidate will have a working background of M&E, experience of building capacity amongst staff and partners and previous experience developing and delivering training.
Ideally our SDSSA’s will have excellent computer skills including Excel and data/statistics softwares, with a good level of written English and used to working using both English and Hausa (spoken) will be essential, if working in Northern Nigerian States.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
STATE TEAM LEADER
Tropical Health is seeking an exceptional manager/expert to provide technical and management oversight for a small team of experts in Jigawa, Nigeria.
In close collaboration with government and other stakeholders, the post-holder will lead the implementation of sustainable solutions aimed at reducing the malaria burden in Jigawa State.
The State Team Leader will oversee the strategic and evidence informed State level implementation of malaria interventions and will in addition provide focus contributions in the area of malaria monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and research.
The STL will oversee the strategic and evidence informed State level implementation of malaria interventions and will in addition provide focused technical contributions in the area of malaria M&E and research.
The STL will be responsible for providing technical leadership in Jigawa state, implementing technical strategies to achieve long-term institutional and transformational change through identified strengthening initiatives.
The STL will also ensure that programme M&E and research is implemented to high standards and work closely with the State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP), to develop their own capacity in M&E.
Key areas of responsibility are:
State level leadership and team management:
- Ensure that state-level project objectives, outcomes and deliverables are met and that financial, operational and reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Provide overall state level technical leadership and representation of the project.
- Work with the Deputy Programme Director and Technical Spe…ts to implement technical strategies that achieve long term institutional and transformational change to Nigeria’s Malaria response in the State, making sure interventions respond to the rapidly changing malaria landscape.
- Strengthen the State Malaria Elimination Programme (SMEP) ability to provide stewardship, ensuring it effectively plans and resources its response to malaria, based on available evidence.
- Manage and supervise a team of experts, while promoting an atmosphere in which programme staff collaborate to achieve the vision, mission and strategies of the programme.
- Maintain close collaboration and partnership with implementing partners, other development programmes and government for the successful State level delivery of the programme.
- Report against the logical framework in line with programme M&E systems, and support the preparation for programme annual reviews.
- Lead the State level annual planning and budgeting processes.
- Ensure the programme M&E and research is implemented to highest standard in Jigawa State and provide support in the area to other states, as required and feasible
- Strengthen the SMEP capacity to:
- Develop, implement and track progress against sound malaria M&E plan
- Collect, collate, quality assure, analyse and interpret routine (surveillance) and survey or evaluation data
- Promote and support use of data and evidence for planning, budgeting and decision making
The STL should hold an M.Sc in Public Health, Epidemiology, Surveillance, Research Methods or other relevant subjects and at least 7 year’s proven experience in a relevant context.
We are looking for a results oriented individual with coordination experience in international health programmes, with a deep knowledge of health systems and the Nigeria malaria context.
The candidate will have experience in management, capacity building and leadership, a successful background in project and budget management, demonstrated understanding of the Northern Nigeria states context and experience of working with state authorities.
The successful candidate will also have excellent computer skills including MS Excel and statistical software packages and data analysis skill. Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
PROGRAMME MONITORING, EVALUATION AND RESEARCH SPE…T
Contract type: Fixed Term, 2 years with possible extension
Tropical Health is seeking an exceptional Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Spe…t to lead the programme Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Operations Research (OR) for a large donor malaria programme in Nigeria.
The position will be based in Abuja with extensive travel to support programme state M&E teams.
The position is responsible for providing technical leadership to the strategy and implementation of M&E and Operational Research, managing the M&E and Operational Research team, and working in close collaboration with Government and other stakeholders at both federal and state levels.
As a senior member of the management team in Nigeria, the Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Spe…t is responsible for:
Project Monitoring and Evaluation:
Develop, revise, as required, and operationalise the programme M&E Strategy based on the programme theory of change to monitor and evaluate activities, outputs and outcomes across all programme objectives.
Oversee technical implementation by the programme State M&E Officers.
Lead national level programme M&E data collection and coordinate state level M&E data collection, ensuring consistency and quality across states.
Collate, validate, triangulate, and analyse project M&E data, as well as track, collate and analyse data for project value for money assessments
Provide the senior management team feedback on project performance against expected deliverables and results demonstrating the programme’s impact.
Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual M&E data summaries and narrative reports.
Lead M&E responses to external information requests (e.g. donor and government), evaluations and audits.
Lead compilation of M&E data for project learning and results dissemination.
Mentor more junior M&E staff especially at State level.
Lead the development and delivery of the programme’s OR strategy, including the programme planned six-year longitudinal study.
Lead the detailed design of OR activities and ethical clearance process as required.
Ensure OR activities are successfully planned and delivered, with a focus on building local capacity of national consultants and OR partners such as academic institutions.
Report and disseminate findings and results of OR across national and international fora.
Stakeholder coordination, support and capacity building:
Support development and implementation of programme learning and knowledge management plan.
Represent the programme in M&E related national meetings and technical fora.
Support the Malaria Public Health and Data Spe…t seconded to NMEP in targeted M&E and OR technical assistance and capacity building efforts as required.
Provide support to other stakeholders in areas of key strengths.
Lead the development and management of the programme M&E and OR annual budgets.
In consultation with Tropical Health, coordinate and manage short term external technical assistance inputs to the programme in the area of M&E and OR.
- Master’s Degree in Research Methods, Public Health, Epidemiology, M&E or other relevant qualification.
- Demonstrated experience of leading programme M&E and/or research, including design and strategic leadership of M&E and/or research activities and coordination of teams to deliver programme objectives.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of health systems dynamics and challenges in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
- Demonstrated capabilities in management of M&E and/or research activities, including technical oversight of staff and developing and managing annual budgets.
- Experience building capacity, supervising and mentoring staff and partners, including facilitating training.
- Demonstrated experience along the whole continuum of research activities and widely published, with peer reviewed, evidence-based results.
- In-depth understanding of the health, political, social and cultural context of Nigeria (especially Northern States).
- Experience working effectively with Government and donors.
- Excellent computer skills, including in Excel and in Stata statistical software package knowledge of other data software an advantage (SPSS, R, mapping software, ODK etc.)
- Excellent level of spoken and written English; Hausa language skills an advantage.
- The PMERS should hold an MSc in public health, epidemiology, M&E or other relevant subjects and at least 10 year’s proven experience in a relevant context. We are looking for someone with a successful record of achievement in the leadership of malaria M&E activities.
- The right candidate will have a strong track record in design and delivery of programme M&E and research activities and a deep understanding and knowledge of health systems and challenges in Nigeria’s response to malaria elimination.
- We require experience of capacity building and management/supervision of staff and partners, training design and delivery and demonstrated experience along the continuum of research.
- The preferred candidate will have a good portfolio of peer reviewed, evidence based published articles and research. This role requires an experienced budget manager. We are looking for someone with excellent computer skills and a good level of written English and Hausa.
- Negotiable and commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
26th and 27th March, 2018.
Applicants should send their Motivation Letters and updated CV’s to: [email protected]h.com The title of your email should be the full job title.
Note: Only candidates selected for the interview stage will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in working with us.
DEADLINE: 19 March, 2018