Abt Associates – The International Health Division is focused on the change of wellbeing and medicinal services conveyance around the globe.
Serving both people in general and private divisions, our endeavors incorporate wellbeing strategy research and assessment, wellbeing advancement and sickness aversion, wellbeing fund, and wellbeing frameworks administration.
Our effect is felt in strategies that guarantee human services access for ladies, youngsters, and people with uncommon requirements, in reinforcing wellbeing foundations, and HIV/AIDS arrangements.
TITLE: TECHNICAL SPE…T 11 / CAPACITY BUILDING SPE…T – SHOPS PLUS
REQ ID: 53364
Abt Associates seeks a Capacity Building Spe…t to support a family planning project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate public and private providers to scale up family planning, especially Long Acting Reversible Contraceptives (LARCs) in FCT and Plateau States.
The Capacity Building Spe…t will ensure effective coordination of competency-based FP/LARC trainings in project states
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the RH/FP Technical Director and State Coordinators to identify specific training requirements in line with project objectives and state requirements.
- Work with state officials to develop competency-based training programs to meet the identified needs, utilizing existing training modules as available.
- Participate in the mapping and selection of health providers that will participate in trainings
- Collaborate with state FP coordinators to organize training courses and workshops.
- Identify, contract, and manage trainers to implement project training courses
- Ensure FP/LARC trainings meet quality standards
- Maintain records of training attendance.
- Monitor the effects of trainings through analyzing pre- and post-test results, course evaluation forms, and other analytic measurements.
- Work collaboratively with other technical staff to ensure effective and timely program implementation
- Participate in the development of strategy documents, work plans and reports.
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system (especially in relation to health worker trainings
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
- RN/RM, degree in Clinical Nursing/Midwifery or M.B.B.S degree. (Master’s Degree in Public Health is preferred)
- 3-5 years demonstrated knowledge and experience in designing and managing clinical trainings (specific experience with FP/LARC training is desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public and private health sectors
- Familiarity with different sociocultural and developmental issues related to RH/FP in Nigeria and the international community.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer, management and organizational skills.
- A proven team player.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Ability to travel within and outside the state approximately 50% of the time.
(8+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.