The NPHCDA, set up in 1992, and converged with the National Program on Immunization (NPI) in 2007, is the local advancement office for wellbeing.
We are enlisting to fill the position beneath:
Job Title: Technical Assistant on States Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Center (SERICC)
Locations: Sokoto, Kano, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara, Kaduna, Katsina, Bauchi, Yobe, Gombe, Borno, Taraba, Adamawa, Nasarawa, Niger, Kogi, Plateau and Bayelsa
Nigeria’s expanded program on immunization has achieved slow growth in coverage in the last few years despite huge investments by governments and development partner agencies.
The recent 2015/2016 Multi indicators cluster and National immunization coverage surveys showed that penta 3 and full immunization coverage were 33 and 23 percent respectively, implying that 6 in 10 children were not fully vaccinated with all life saving vaccines in 2015 alone
Working with its development partners, govt is relaunching, re-branding and rapidly revamping the immunization program in the country
To achieve quick results, this decision has been translated to the establishment of the National and States Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Center (NERICC/ SERICC) at national and 18 poor performing states of sokoto, kano, jigawa, kebbi, zamfara, kaduna, katsina, bauchi, yobe, gombe, borno, taraba, adamawa, nasarawa, niger, kogi, plateau and bayelsa.
The emergency centre is to be saddled with the responsibility of planning, coordinating and ensuring the country’s national and states target of 85 percent coverage for routine immunization is achieved and un-vaccinated kids are reached through innovative strategies within the shortest possible time
In order to manage the state routine immunization programs, a Program Manager has been recruited as part of the state immunization team to manage and ensure improved performance and accountability in the state routine immunization program.
The PM coordinates the direct implementation and strategic execution of the strategies being implemented by SERICC and reports directly to the Executive Secretary/Chairman of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency/Board
The EPI Program collaboration with a reputable human resource firm is seeking to engage the service of a techinical assistant on routine immunization to support the SERICC and the Program Managers in selected States to coordinate the design and implementation of the routine immunization program, innovation and strategies.
- The TA shall function as a core member of the SERICC team, providing technical support in the strategic execution and achievement of SERICC goals and objectives and shall report directly to the Program Manager of NERICC
- He/she will work with all the stakeholders in the immunization space including development partners and community structures to achieve transformational impact in increasing Routine Immunization (RI) coverage rates and reduce the burden of un-immunized children. This includes supporting the SERICC management of a robust mechanism for evaluations of RI Program performance ensuring program goals are met.
- The successful candidates must be able to function independently and flexibly as well as build strong relationships with government officials and partners at all levels. Additionally, the successful candidates will adhere to the key values and relevant codes as enshrined within the host state.
The TA position shall be contracted for two years renewable term, and shall be subject to satisfactorily quarterly performance evaluation based to set indicators. Interested individuals shall perform the following roles and responsibilities as states below:
- The TA shall as directed by the PM SERICC represent the PM in discussions or correspondence with SERICC development partners and other stakeholders on immunization and vaccine delivery systems
- As directed by the PM, attend meetings of the immunization techinical working groups and other relevant techinical meetings, updating the PM on issues pertaining to routine immunizations, SIAs, vaccine logistics and demand creation
- Maintain quality interactions with stakeholders supporting the immunization program including the LGA teams
- Support the PM on administrative activities related to SERICC, including closely liaising with other relevant departments and programs in the SPHCDA
- Work closely with the deputy PMs and other members of SERICC to ensure timely delivery on project activities
- Develop technical documents and proposals as would be assigned by the PM
- Ensures alignment of key performance indicators to critical success factors working with SERICC team members to ensure that these objectives are realized
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the PM SERICC ES SPHCDA/SPHCMB AND NPHCDA
- Public Health or related Degree with at least 5 years experience in Immunization, Public Health and or Health System Strengthening, Demonstrable experience working with government and partner agencies at state levels
- In depth understanding of the state health system, its challenges particularly routine immunization program
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively coordinate organizations with good expertise in navigating and strengthening relationships among government and development organizations
- Strong managerial, problem solving skills and experience working under demanding work plans and tight schedules
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal relationship skills, experience working with government officials and immunization teams at state and LGA Levels
- Extensive experience with large scale health systems strengthening interventions, particularly in the public sector
- Significant experience with large scale health systems strengthening interventions, particularly in the public sector
- Significant experience in strategic planning, organizational development, change facilitation and process management in the health sector
- Strong analytical skills and high level technical proficiency with ms word, excel and power-point with ability to use these tools to collect and analyze immunization program data
- Ability to create well written, succinct project reports
- Ability to travel within and outside the state without limitation
- Good business oriented verbal, visual and written communication skills
- Proactive, resourceful individuals with strong analytical and communication skills, ambitious, strong problem solver, stable, self directed, respectful and commands network of peers to leverage knowledge
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning and execution of large scale projects including budgets and activity planning
- Ability to commit minimum of one year to the position
- University masters in science related degree
- Experience working in immunization- preferably at state level
- Experience working in public health preferably in developing countries
- Understanding of the local languages of the resident state
12th January, 2018.
Interested and qualified candidates should send only electronic copies of their application (cover letter and CV’s) with the following steps via this email: [email protected] Position title: Technical Assistant to ….. state of preference…. SERICC on the subject of the email
Notification and Invitation for Interview
- All shortlisted candidates for written and oral interviews will be notified via email for the next step in the interview process by the close of business on Friday, January 19th 2018.
- Shall indicate three states in order of preferential deployment during the application
- E-copies of the CV/or cover letter shall be sent through the email only in word or PDF format