Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Manager Needed at SABMiller – SABMiller is in the brew and sodas business, conveying refreshment and friendliness to a great many individuals everywhere throughout the world who make the most of our beverages.
We work together in a way that enhances vocations and helps assemble groups.
We are enthusiastic about blending and have a long custom of craftsmanship, making radiant brew from fantastic normal fixings.
We are selecting to fill the position beneath:
Title: Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Manager
Reference Number: ABI102
Amongst other duties, the job holder will:
- Plan, organize, manage and co-ordinate the provisions of corporate affairs and public relations services both internally and externally
- Ensure implementation of public relations strategy and policy, which promotes a positive public image of the business nationally, regionally and internationally
- Take responsibility for the Annual Report and the announcement of Company results in liaison with Financial Director and the Board
- Maintain close contact with role players responsible for liquor legislation and develop a proactive strategy to protect the interest of our business in liaison with the Managing Director
- Participate as company representative on selected forums set up to monitor and administer industry affairs.
- Ensure a detailed CSI Plan is developed for the whole company and implement such with focus on high leverage CSI projects (AIDS education, road safety, environment, and small enterprise development)
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the external stakeholders, leveraging off their community stature and knowledge for the benefit of the company
- Develop media relations in conjunction with identified role-players to improve the company profile
- Work with relevant marketing and sales functions to co-ordinate PR activities on behalf of the company (e.g. Soccer Leagues, brand launches etc…) Role is a supporting one as individual company’s/departments are responsible for their own results
- Develop a list of key Government contacts and develop an effective counter-strategy to anti-alcohol lobby
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Degree in Social Sciences or Communication
- Between 5 to 7 years relevant experience in a similar role at management level in a Brewery or FMCG environment
- Membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage
Key competencies and attributes:
- Understanding of media relations and applicable legislation
- Passionate, self-starter and positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Excellent understanding of local market and key players
- Good listening, negotiating and networking skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Action and results oriented
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply