APM Terminals, we are a group of more than 20,000 workers spread crosswise over more than 60 nations joined by an energy to give our ability in port operations and compartment administration administrations. By giving the ability and port foundation basic to world exchange, we effectively bolster the headway of the social orders around us, empowering neighborhood economies to open their potential and fabricate a much more grounded worldwide group. Working with a group of skilled experts you will get an opportunity to encounter distinctive societies and make companions everywhere throughout the world. You’ll discover a socially assorted, fortifying condition at any of our workplaces, terminals or stops. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your working environment.
We are enrolling to fill the position underneath:
Job Title: Superintendent – Stores
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Ensure that the Storeroom is maintained and operated in an efficient and organized manner, and in accordance with written procedures and good storeroom practices.
- Maintain and control inventory levels so that there is neither excessive stock nor a situation where materials and equipment are not available when needed. Ensures that an effective method of inventory management is in place, and that ABC analysis is utilized.
- Ensure Daily transactions (Receipts, issues) are updated on a Daily basis in ERP.
- Supervise the distribution of materials, equipment and supplies in the organization.
- Provide supervision and direction for the Stores Section
- Ensure that the electronic database of parts and supplies is maintained daily.
- Interact with Technical Manager, Maintenance Planners, Purchasing department on Parts requisition taking into consideration minimum stock level , minimum order quantity, PM schedule , Lead time to Delivery.
- Provide Purchasing Officer with sufficient lead time to obtain needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Advise CFO / GM Technical whenever a serious parts shortage or other problem arises.
- Periodically, conduct physical inventory to reconcile ordered items, items on hand, and used items.
- Ensure the entire team understands and complies with Terminal HSE policy and Fatal 5 as part of Operational risks which is one of the core element of safety management framework.
- Deliver by following specific policies in the management of the stores & ensuring that inventory is maintained in a usable manner as this directly affects the terminal cash flow.
Who we are looking for:
- A college degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related discipline. Some formal instruction in engineering or an engineering-related discipline helpful.
- At least five to seven years of stores and inventory management experience in private industry, preferably in shipping or transportation industry. In addition, must have at least three years of supervisory experience, directing a Storeroom staff.
- Extensive knowledge of Storeroom practices and principles, including Stores Accounting.
- Some working knowledge of engineering parts, terms, drawings, and engineering specifications, and maintenance schedules and plans.
- A good understanding of stores, warehousing, material control, inventory control, and the relationship among purchasing, stores, and finance activities.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Excellent supervisory skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Intermediate to advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online