Senior Server Administrator Vacancy at Venture Garden Nigeria, Tuesday 22 , May 2018 – Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a quickly developing Software organization with a dream to fabricate a continuing association with a biological system of significant worth makers while conveying high effect innovation answers for developing markets through a culture of business and advancement.
At VGN we take up arms against the normal, go past the common to investigate boundless openings; breaking the standards and forcefully seeking after progress through-Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of perfection, ascertained hazard taking and a long for learning and we have a considerable measure of fun at it!
We are enlisting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Senior Server Administrator
- We are actively seeking a Senior Server Administrator who will plan, implement, oversee and maintain server and network infrastructures and related projects.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design, install and configure internal and customer-facing servers
- Proactively manage and maintain both On-premise and Cloud-based server systems
- Mentor/cross train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required and other duties as assigned.
- Administer and support core Microsoft, AWS and VMware technologies
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments, and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will enable a hands-off environment
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with server hardware, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- 5 years’ work experience minimum.
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Linux/UNIX administration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot server and network issues including backbone infrastructure issues
- LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks).
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2012R2, 2016) /desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft Hyper-V/Virtual Server Systems.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Professional -CCNA/ CCNP (Desired)
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Good understanding of cloud-based technology.
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently.
- Must be a team player.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality.
Competitive based on experience.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply