Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria.
POSITION: SENIOR BRAND MANAGER, INNOVATION COMMERCIALIZATION
Type of Job: Employee
Reports To: Portfolio Director Innovation and Lagers
Innovation is a key pillar of the Nigerian Performance Ambition. To deliver the Guinness Nigeria F18 Performance Ambition, this role will lead the commercialization of a compelling Innovation pipeline and commercial execution calendar driving visibility of total innovation performance and ensuring executional diligence.
The role holder will play a critical support role in working with the Portfolio Director, Innovation and Lagers to drive the transformation of our end to end innovation process, systems and disciplines, specifically ensuring the organization delivers the commercial step change in innovation implementation and execution critical to our success.
The role holder will work with the brand and innovation project management teams to drive commercial rigor into our planning, performance management and reporting ensuring teams drive to clear action from insight.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To lead brilliant execution of innovation in the field.
- Working with the Portfolio Director Innovation and Lagers to ensure the organization delivers the commercial step change in innovation, implementation and execution critical to our success.
- Provide oversight of the full innovation and brand change plan and commercial calendar and ensure the commerciality of the plans and execution detail, discipline and timelines are met.
- Provide local market expertise and rigor in commercial planning, volume, distribution build and Return on Sales (ROS) modelling on all innovation projects through the gate development process.
- Champion the commercial innovation scorecard, tracking and reporting innovation performance and management of our interventions.
- Be an inspirational leader across innovation priorities, bringing discipline, edge and execution rigor in innovation standards and commercial accountability.
- An effective business partner to CLT, customer marketing and DSM’s in innovation planning and execution.
Champion the performance management culture through innovation commercialization and be a role model in living the winning mind-set.
- Be a disciple for rigorous planning within innovation projects to improve our launch execution and commercial readiness behind all innovation/brand change projects
- Work with the Commercial Leadership Team (CLT) and cross functional performance management routines to drive the step change in innovation implementation and execution critical to business success.
- Build and lead the full innovation and brand change plan and commercial calendar and ensure the commerciality of the plans and execution detail, discipline and timelines are met.
- Work with the innovation project managers to provide commercial expertise and rigor in planning of volume, distribution build and ROS modelling on all innovation projects through the gate development process.
- Drive the visibility and performance management of the commercial innovation scorecard, tracking and reporting innovation performance and management of our interventions.
- Recognize and celebrate great commercial innovation execution where we see it and call out poor execution with remedial action where we fall short.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Marketing or any other related discipline. Postgraduate qualifications an advantage
8 years’ experience either within an FMCG organization within commercial or customer marketing with exposure to or direct experience in innovation project management or commercial implementation.
- Proven strength in commercial planning and strategy working successfully with Sales teams.
- Excellence in terms of interpersonal skills and ability to brilliantly manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE