Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a worldwide wellbeing philanthropic association, utilizes demonstrated methodologies created more than 40 years to help pioneers, wellbeing directors, and groups in creating countries fabricate more grounded wellbeing frameworks for more prominent wellbeing sway. We work to spare lives by shutting the hole amongst learning and activity in general wellbeing.
We are enrolling to fill the empty position underneath:
Senior Accountant Job at Management Sciences for Health
“Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job ID: 13-9862
Dept/Unit: GEN (General)
Project/Program: P000 – Proposal
Reports To: COMU Director
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH Nigeria and ultimately the partner donors against fraud, loss, or misuse.
- The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring that money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and all costs principles imposed by the donor agency.
- He/she assures that all costs are reasonable and necessary for the completion of the office projects and MSH’s mission.
- The Senior Accountant is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Ensure that required financial controls are in place to avoid unauthorized use of funds, and that prior authorization is obtained before any payment.
- Monitor all bank accounts, and review and reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Record financial transactions into QuickBooks; submit each month’s expenses following the prescribed procedures by the 5th business day of each month for upload by Corporate Accounting into Navigator, the corporate accounting system.
- Examine all financial documents for payment (i.e. purchase requests, purchase orders, local consultant invoices and request reimbursements) and ensure the completeness, accuracy and validity of financial data, including accounting classification and computations.
- Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing the journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary.
- Monitor MSH Nigeria bank account transactions and reconcile account with project expenditures as part of the month end close process.
- Ensure Audit Compliance utilizing principles of audit and performance. Provide an audit interface between MSH corporate accounting, MSH Internal Audit, MSH external audit firms, and donor auditors including preparation of audit workpapers when requested.
- Provide routine financial statements and reports to MSH Nigeria management.
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from MSH headquarters and local currency exchange, per MSH policies and procedures.
- Monitor the maintenance and operations of all banking transactions to ensure that adequate funds are available all times to cover MSH Nigeria operations.
- Audit petty cash on a regular basis to ensure adherence to MSH policies; replenish as necessary.
- Oversee the issuance and collection of project and staff/consultant travel advances, reconciling advance accounts each month. Follow up on outstanding advances which have not been liquidated in the timeframe prescribed by MSH policy, and resolve any queries through dialogue with individual employees and their supervisors.
- Prepare regular project reimbursement, billing requests, and accompanying financial reports for submission to MSH/USA office.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent certification from a business technical school.
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting.
- Ability to use basic accounting software (i.e. Quickbooks).
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial common sense.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of cash control, asset management and bank reconciliation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software.
- At least 5 years’ experience in implementing accounting functions and supervising accounting staff.
- Capacity to deal with multiple tasks and be able to adhere to tight deadlines, and excellent time management skills.
- Understanding of principles of adequate documentation and of audit, and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Deadline 22nd December, 2017.”