Research Chemist & Lab Asistant Vacancies at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc – Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a piece of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad.
Our worldwide vision is to be a main sustenances organization in Africa giving high caliber and moderate items in the most helpful approaches to purchasers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles.
The Company’s leader image, Golden Penny, stays extraordinary compared to other known and the favored brands among cooks, candy parlors and shoppers in Nigeria.
RESEARCH LAB ASSISTANT
- Assist in provision theological and microbiological data on raw materials, in process and finished products for product development and market decisions
- Assist in carrying out laboratory evaluation of raw materials, products under development and finished products to predict compliance to specifications and in establishing shelf life of new and reformulated products
- Sampling and preliminary sample preparation for microbiological and rheological analysis
- Assist the RFT in the development and validation of rheological and microbiological techniques/procedures for evaluation of raw materials, intermediate and finished products in food bus to assure product quality and safety
- Conduct routine and non-routine microbiological assays of raw materials, intermediate and finished products, packaging, trade samples, samples in shelf life storage experiments, water and waste effluent
- Assist to carry out shelf life studies on new and reformulated products to determine the effect of processing, environment, packaging and presence of spoilage microorganisms on overall shelf life.
OND in Science Laboratory Technology or Food Science & Technology
2years relevant experience
The person must:
Have relevant experience
Have experience in carrying out basic lab functions, such as shelf-life studies, microbiological assays and data analysis
- Development and implementation of analytical methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision , accuracy and reliability of analytical data on raw materials and finished products.
- Quality assurance through evaluation of raw materials and finished products for the compliance with specifications and establishing shelf life of new and reformulated products from experimental studies
- Develop and test chemical and selected physical analytical procedures for raw materials, intermediate and finished products to assure product quality
- Conduct chemical analysis on raw materials to determine suitability and compliance with specifications before purchase for use and conduct analysis on products quality from trade
- Carry out shelf life studies on new and reformulated products to support product claims in trade and to meet regulatory requirements for product registration
- Investigate effects of raw materials substitutions on nutritional and functional properties of finished product
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment for physical ,chemical, and functional properties analysis
First Degree in Industrial Chemistry or Food Science & Technology
The Person must:
Have relevant experience in the FMCG Industry
Have experience in data analysis and chemical evaluation of raw materials and finished products
5 years relevant experience
Membership of IPAN – Institute of Public Analyst of Nigeria (IPAN) is an added advantage.
Click on Job Title below: