Regional Compliance Officer (Anglophone Africa) Job at MoneyGram, Monday 16, April 2018 – MoneyGram is a monetary association for loved ones. Every representative has an influence in helping the world exchange almost $600 billion every year for everything from life’s basics, to crisis needs and even investment funds.
Our multicultural organization works in excess of 200 nations and regions all through the globe and gives testing and compensating chances to all representatives.
We are enrolling to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Regional Compliance Officer (Anglophone Africa)
Job ID: 18010337
- The Regional Compliance Officer is responsible for working directly with MoneyGram agents within assigned territory.
- The incumbent is a primary compliance resource with responsibilities of: measuring Agents’ Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs; driving training and awareness initiatives; and providing guidance and support to Agents.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for driving Agents to implement or enhance compliance and anti-fraud policies and procedures and assist in the development of Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, as required.
- The Regional Compliance Officer will partner and liaison with business unit representatives to ensure that Agent policies and controls are practical, efficient and workable; captures MoneyGram policies and expectations, as well as regulatory requirements.
- The incumbent will be tasked with proposing corrective action measures to mitigate any risks identified throughout the execution of tasks.
- Provides guidance and support to the Regional business through participation in new product/service or channel projects.
- Provides support for Agent due diligence activities.
- Provides guidance, policy interpretation and support to Agents within the region.
- Actively participates in management discussions on risk and participates in governance and risk committee meetings as appropriate.
- Provides content messaging for new policies as rolled out.
- Ensures training materials are in-line with policy expectations.
- Provides Agent and employee training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Executes on established MoneyGram Compliance and Anti-Fraud programs, principles, standards, policy, and oversight expectations within assigned territory.
- Implements policies and procedures designed to mitigate exposure and enhance compliance activities.
- Ensures program is maintained and relevant.
- Consults with internal and external experts to identify risks, best practice and expectations.
- Analyzes internal and external information to gain additional intelligence regarding emerging risk.
- Communicates policy goals for area of expertise, ensuring application across the enterprise.
- Facilitates policy, risk and control discussions with Stakeholders.
- Ensures policy objectives are met.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of educational and work experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience within the financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act and AML Regulations, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control (strongly preferred outside of US; required US).
- Ability to operate multi-nationally with internal business partners and Agents.
- Ability to work in a self-directed and remote environment.
- Experience communicating with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- Experience in public speaking and making clear and persuasive business presentations.
- Excellent demonstrated organizational skills, including time management, record keeping, self-scheduling, and follow-up.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to act independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Additional language skills (as appropriate to the region).
- Demonstrated understanding of the MoneyGram’s business practices, organizational structure and general policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to draft clear and professional correspondence and other documents of a legal, compliance and business nature.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately work with confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate the collection of information through interviews, meetings etc.
Interested candidate should:
Click here to apply