IROKO is Africa’s driving diversion innovation organization. Propelled in 2010, by Jason Njoku and Bastian Gotter, it is a standout amongst the most discussed African web new businesses, on account of its lead Nollywood film stage iROKOtv. Head quartered in Lagos, Nigeria, the organization has spearheaded Video-On-Demand for Nollywood content (Nigerian motion pictures) and has amassed the world’s biggest online list of African substance, totaling 10,000+ hours.
We are enlisting to fill the position beneath:
Programme Planner Job Offer at IROKO
Title: Junior Programme Planner
- As one of our Programme Planners, you will be responsible for executing the planning strategy for a set of channels within our portfolio and for releasing the monthly schedules in a timely manner.
- Iroko is an African media and technology company, producing and delivering Nollywood content through multiple channels including IrokoTV streaming service, YouTube and branded TV linear channels globally. It’s an exciting time for us, and we are currently experiencing rapid growth across Africa, North America and Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute the planning strategy set by the Head of Programming for a selection of channels
- Enter plans into scheduling system and release monthly schedules
- Take responsibility for the timely release of the plans
- Create PowerPoint presentation of channel highlights when required
- Be the point of contact for the scheduling team, compliance, traffic, play out and all other departments regarding any day to day issues that may arise
- Ensure all planning is in line with local regulatory guidelines
- Process schedule changes and inform all stakeholders
- Monitor inventories and rights
- Keep all associated documentation
- Update traffic minutes, check delivery dates and act when needed
- Deal with day to day programming enquiries
- Attend meetings and perform other duties as and when required.
- To be successful in this role it is essential to have a passion and deep knowledge of Nollywood movies. Preferably you would also have a TV/planning background.
- You must be proactive and process minded with meticulous attention to detail.
- You will have proven communication skills and be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and coordinate workflow in a pressured and constantly changing environment.
- This is a fantastic role for someone looking to work for a fast paced, successful and exciting international organisation within the media industry.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: [email protected]