Program Manager Vacancy at Save the Children, Wednesday 23, May 2018 – Save the Children is the world’s driving free association for youngsters. We work in 120 nations. We spare kids’ lives; we battle for their rights; we enable them to satisfy their potential. We cooperate, with our accomplices, to move leaps forward in the way the world treats kids and to accomplish prompt and enduring change in their lives.
We are selecting to fill the empty position beneath:
Title: Program Manager
Job Id: sav-41536
- The Project Manager, Lagos provides leadership and managerial oversight for the administrative, programmatic, technical, research and operational aspects of the programme in Lagos state.
- S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme and will be accountable for the quality of interventions and for the effective financial and operational management including financial and budgetary oversight, timely implementation of activities, and effective stakeholder relationship management.
- S/he will also be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, government and partner agencies, operating in the State and federal level.
- The Project Manager is accountable for and responsible to oversee the development, implementation, and adherence of Monitoring and Evaluation systems put in place, work plans, technical program quality standards (including processes and procedures and reporting), and adherence to the donor and SCI regulations for State level activities in Lagos.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the programme in Lagos State.
- Attract and maintain strong working relationship with partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure that other technical sectors in the state (e.g. Nutrition, Advocacy) are coordinated, integrated and support each other to optimise the project purposes and objectives.
- Lead on the submission of the state quarterly and annual reports and submission of deliverables.
- Inspire, lead and motivate the state programme team to deliver project objectives, including technical advisors and consultants, and the finance and admin staff working on the project.
- Ensure the project and its team comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
- Ensure state level representation by the programme on behalf of Save the Children, builds trust and influence with Government and other key stakeholders, highlighting where effective practise can positively influence policy.
- Lead the development of high quality programming, annual plans and budgeting processes for the programme, as and when necessary.
- Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place in the programme state for achieving agreed targets and sound financial management, as well as ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor.
- Oversee the state programme’s operational and analytical research, coordinate the dissemination of results and ensure that research informs advocacy.
Program Management and Implementation:
- Remain up to date on good practices recommended in the Global action plan for prevention and control of pneumonia (GAPP) as well as good practices on routine immunisation services to ensure programme quality and impact
- Oversee the development and successful implementation of state workplans for the programme components;
- Ensure the smooth running of all shifting the Needle on Pneumonia activities.
- Work closely with the Programme MEAL Team the CO MEAL Team to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and with managers of technical components to ensure technical program objectives are met.
- Ensure compliance with all grant provisions, and timely fulfilment of the State programmatic reporting requirements.
- Support the development of Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and procurement plan.
- Oversee timely expenditure of approved state budgets, avoiding both under spending and overspending on grant line items.
Human Resources Management and Administration:
- Supervise assigned advisors: maintain updated job descriptions for each position, conduct annual performance evaluations, identify staff skills development needs.
- See that all staff and partners are aware of and understand SCI policies and procedures; take appropriate disciplinary measures as needed.
- Ensure all administrative procedures are followed, such as those regarding vehicle use and procurement; ensure logistics/administrative staff provides sufficient and timely support to the team.
Representation and Leadership:
- Maintain good working relationships with government officials.
- Represent SC and maintain good working relationships among the international and local NGO community, among community leadership structures and community-based organizations, and to visiting donor teams and other key contacts.
- Maintain focus on SC programme principles.
- Encourage teamwork, openness, and honesty among staff and between SC and its partners.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Chief of party.
Skills and Behaviours
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Advanced degree in Public Health or related field.
Working Experience :
- At least 5 years of experience in programme management and administration, financial management, award contractual compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs via specific funding streams. Five (5) of these years should be in child health and public health programs of similar complexity.
- Sound understanding of different methodologies of M&E and operational research and experience in developing integrated M&E and Learning systems;
- Ability to present results and products to the donor and other key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the values, missions, aims and policies of Save the Children.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a programme that focuses on at least four of the following areas: prevention and treatment communicable childhood illnesses; social and behavioral change; quality improvement/quality assurance; and civil society capacity building.
- Proven experience of managing projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully fulfilling performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Strong understanding of key principles of advocacy, monitoring and evaluation, child participation and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, mentor and direct staff while creating a positive team environment.
- Works well with teams
- Conscious of child protection issues
- Non-discriminatory and gender sensitive
- Willingness to work in remote, rural locations
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Deadline 4th June, 2018.