Professional Development Manager Job Offer at Andela – Andela is building up a corps of amazing innovation ability over the African landmass that will drive the present and future periods of tech-empowered development around the globe. With the quickest developing populace and most elevated youth populace on the planet, we trust Africa is one of the best undiscovered markets for ability advancement.
At Andela, we locate the brightest youngsters in Africa, prepare them to be world-class designers, and interface them with bosses far and wide searching for top specialized ability. Energy, greatness, entrepreneurial soul, and dismissing business as usual are only a couple of the things that Andela colleagues have in like manner.
We are enrolling to fill the position beneath:
Job Title: Professional Development Manager
Type: Full Time
Experience: Mid or Senior level
About the Professional Development Manager Role
- The Professional Development Manager is equal parts network builder, librarian, career coach, and technology leadership advocate. You will manage the operations of Andela’s Personal and Professional Development services, having your finger on the pulse of every resource, opportunity, and mentor available to accelerate the growth of Andela Developers. You will constantly grow and nurture Andela’s network of professional development resources, individuals, events and opportunities.
- To be truly successful in this role, you would need to hold the deep belief that anything is possible with our powers combined — and be passionate about making sure the right combination of resources and human capital are always exposed to one another.
- You will measure, track and manage the growth of a new function within a fast-growing startup environment.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage, maintain, and grow the network of resources (personal branding experts, CV coaches, technical interview coaches, ethical leadership thought leaders, Andela experts & resources) available to Andela Developers
- Manage event planning and logistics for Andela-hosted and Externally-hosted workshops
- Build library of canonical content (e.g. books, videos, presentations) for Technology Leadership
- Create and execute professional development programs for Developers seeking employment, entrepreneurial, and academic opportunities
- Proactively remain up to date with every Andela Developer to quickly identify where they are struggling, and connect them with the right resources to support them
- Create consistent documentation and data-capture to measure, track, and iterate on the programs
- Create scalable platforms, processes and systems that enable the programs to quickly and effectively scale from few people to tens, hundreds and eventually thousands of people
Key Attributes & Qualifications
You’re already looking like a Professional Development Manager if you:
- Have a passion for and experience in the world of professional development:
- Career coaching
- Professional Development facilitation
- Leadership training
- Coaching network management
- Have a technology industry background
- Are a natural communicator and networker who backs up their work with precision and structure (tracking resources, ensuring resources are growing, carefully maintaining relationships & commitments)
- Have strong and healthy opinions on what good technology leadership looks like
- Quickly build relationships, and continually strengthen them over time through consistency and trust
- Are adept at quickly identifying resource gaps and directing people to the right sources
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply