Operations Manager Vacancy at Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group, Wednesday 18, April 2018 – Seaboard Overseas and Trading Group comprises of incorporated grain handling and exchanging organizations. Processing offices are situated all through South America, the Caribbean and Africa and work specifically with a few subsidiary item exchanging workplaces in vital areas. Seaboard’s processing offices incorporate flour, maize and rice processing, poultry, pork and pasta generation, pastry shop activities, creature nourish generation, and heartbeat preparing.
We are enrolling to fill the situation underneath:
Title: Operations Manager
Why Join Us?
- Are you interested in working in Nigeria? Are you self-motivated, confident and willing to take the initiative to get things done?
- Are you looking for an opportunity that will provide you with that next challenge? Have we piqued your interest yet?
- Provide leadership to the operation by achieving key performance results (including financial profitability), manufacturing variances, safety and quality
- Ensure company meets and exceeds local safety and environmental regulations; continually establish policies and procedures to improve safety measures
- Participate in the development and implementation of new milling and packaging processes, products and systems
- Manage and oversee all improvement projects for the operation
- Present weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual production reports
- Advise Managing Director on the choice of wheat in relation to flour market needs
- Manage staffing strategy, development of staff, performance management and employee morale.
- Manage the training for employees by providing the necessary resources to accomplish company and individual objectives; continuously monitor progress and results.
- Manage electrical and mechanical maintenance and accuracy of weighbridge and scales in mill and lab, including flour and bran bagging scales
- Responsible for mill maintenance and implementation/use of MP2 or other similar maintenance program
- Maintain order and discipline within the production area, including storage facilities and workshops
- Supervise wheat transfer from vessels to silos and mill silos
- Manage wheat and flour bin inventory; control and maintain all necessary measures to avoid infestation
- Continually seek new and improved methods to achieve operational efficiency, etc.
- Obtain an extraction of flour corresponding to standards of profession, without affecting quality
- Experience working for a multinational company, in a developing country such as Nigeria
- Fluency in English required.
- Degree or Certificate in Milling Science from an accredited university or program
- 10+ year’s experience managing grain milling operations
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply