Nutrition Assistants Job Offer at Action Against Hunger – Action Against Hunger attempts to spare lives by fighting craving and sicknesses that debilitate the lives of powerless groups, through nourishment, sustenance security, water and sanitation, wellbeing and promotion.
NUTRITION ASSISTANT – 2 POSITIONS
The Nutrition Assistant will be based in Yobe State and report to Nutrition Officer.
The Nutrition Assistant is expected to conduct mobilization and awareness of the program objectives and activities to local communities.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and training at community led nutrition activities.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition(CMAM), Care Group Model (CGM), and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities.
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on IYCF practices, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Support in the implementation of CMAM activities by capacity building of Health workers and Community Volunteers (CVs) both at the community and facility level.
- Directly implement the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the Nutrition Officer.
- Participate in screening of children at facility level and follow up of CMAM beneficiaries at community level.
- Facilitate the integration of IYCF activities into mainstream health and CMAM activities.
- Supervise Health promoters and conduct step-down lessons to Health Promoters.
- Actively participate in scaling up of surveillance activities at community level to ensure monitoring of situation.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- He/she will provide support for efficient and smooth implementation of nutrition interventions at community and facility level under the direction of the Nutrition Officer.
- The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of National Diploma in Nursing, Medicine and other related field including experience in Nutrition.
- Have the capacity to deal with difficult situations, be adaptable and have the ability to present oral and written information in a clear and concise manner.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Have the ability to support the team’s monthly work plans and plan appropriately for tasks assigned.
- Ability to write reports and collect relevant information from surveys, community, health facilities and meetings.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
The deadline for this position is Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 5.00 p.m.
Please note advert may close before the due date, once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
DEADLINE: 7 February, 2018