Medical Jobs Vacancies at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our customer, is a social insurance organization head quartered in Port Harcourt.
Because of inward extension; they are hoping to enlist a qualified contender to fill the situation beneath:
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The Chief Matron shall be responsible for the direction, organization and strategic planning of the nursing unit within a hospital or other healthcare facility.
He/she is involved in assessing, evaluating and setting nursing care standards and objectives for the organization.
In addition to overseeing the operations of the nursing unit, Chief Matron provide leadership and supervision to their direct reports, including nurse managers and the nursing staff.
- Plan the staffing budget and recruitment
- Ensure that nursing care meets regulatory standards
- Review and approve nursing policies and procedures
- Evaluate nursing staff performance
- Collaborate with nursing staff, upper management and external agencies in the coordination of patient care
- Train nursing management staff and coordinate educational programs for patients and their families
- Facilitate meetings with medical staff from other departments
- Ensure that nursing care medical services are meeting patient needs
- Implement quality assurance systems
- Develop new patient care programs
- Education: A Degree in Nursing.
- Experience: Minimum of 15 years’ work experience.
- Proven experience as a Chief Matron or relevant role
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate nursing staff
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and handling stressful situations
- Talent for negotiation and collaboration
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
The General Practitioner shall provide high quality medical care by examining patients and treating diseases.
He/she will also undertake tasks aiming for prevention and promotion of healthy habits.
The incumbent must be very knowledgeable in regards to diseases, epidemiology and other medical conditions and can interpret symptoms and diagnose conditions.
- Conduct routine check-ups to patients to assess their health condition and discover possible issues
- Give appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health
- Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition
- Ask intuitive questions to discover causes of illness
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and the patient’s medical history
- Prescribe and interpret lab tests to obtain more information for underlying infections or abnormalities
- Prescribe medications or drugs and provide comprehensive instructions for administration
- Collaborate with other physicians, physician assistants and nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Examine and provide treatments to injuries and refer patients to other physicians when needed (ophthalmologists, orthopedists, neurologists etc.)
- Keep records of patients’ diseases, operations or other significant information (e.g. allergic episodes)
- Cultivate a climate of trust and compassion for patients
- Remain up-to-speed with developments and best practices in medicine by attending conferences and seminars
Education: Doctor of Medicine degree (MD) and valid license to practice the profession
Experience: Minimum of 15 years’ work experience.
Proven experience as a General Practitioner
- Proven experience as a physician
- Strong understanding of examination methodologies and diagnostics
- Excellent knowledge of infectious diseases, their symptoms and epidemiology
- Broad knowledge of common medication, side effects and contraindications
- In-depth knowledge of legal medical guidelines and medicine best practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Respect for patient’s confidentiality
- Compassionate and approachable
- Responsible and trustworthy
Applicants should send their CV’s to: [email protected] kindly make the subject of the mail the job title.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE: 28 February, 2018