M&E Officer Job Offer at Islamic Relief France – Islamic Relief France committed to mitigating the misery of the poor in France and around the world.
It mediates where philanthropic and social needs required by the assembly of crisis help and the execution of improvement programs.
Therefore, our favored territories of concern Aid and Food Security , Water, cleanliness and sanitation and youth abroad, the battle against prohibition and neediness in France.
VACANCY TITLE: M&E OFFICER
- Conduct capacity assessment of existing M&E system and recommend improvements: creation of new indicators, implementation of a complaint mechanism, etc.
- Develop methodologies and tools to monitor project activities: progress towards results, impact, sustainability, etc.
- Ensure accurate data collection, entry and analysis, with the preparation and regular update of databases.
- Conduct training on M&E/ MIS methodologies and tools for project and government staff.
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits with household interviews, post-distribution monitoring, pre- and post- assessments, focus group discussions, etc.
- Identify and refer individuals with special needs or protection concerns to the relevant services with program staff;[t1]
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback on field monitoring findings (including challenges identified and strategies for improvement) to the Programme Coordinator and relevant program staff.
- Prepare monthly Management Information System (MIS) reports.
- Assist the programme teams in the preparation of internal/ donor progress reports, and of reports on lessons learnt.
- Actively contribute to the elaboration of project proposals, to project reviews and to planning workshops.
- Human Resources & Finance, Logistics & Security
- Participate in the recruitment and management of the M&E Assistant and community mobilizers[t2] : induction briefing, planning, follow-up, capacity building, appraisals.
- Participate in the preparation of budget forecast and follow-up for the projects.
- Contribute to ensuring proper stock management for all equipment related to M&E activities.
- Follow the evolution of security context on the field with relevant stakeholders and report to the Programme Coordinator.
- The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization.
- Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
- The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field, with in-depth understanding of vulnerability issues in Nigeria.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, including implementation of M&E/ MIS for development projects implemented by national/international NGOs, UN bodies or Government.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the use of database software.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, and with a wide range of government/ community counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Leading: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with humanitarian principles and SIF values.
LOCATION / CONDITIONS
Position based in: Nigeria, Borno State, Maiduguri
Moves: Within Maiduguri and Ngala LGA (Gamboru/ Ngala)
Applicants should send CVs to [email protected]