Latest Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Tuesday 6th March 2018 – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is a fair, impartial and autonomous association whose solely compassionate mission is to secure the lives and nobility of casualties of equipped clash and different circumstances of brutality and to furnish them with help.
HEALTHCARE IN DETENTION FIELD OFFICER
- Participates in the planning and implementation of the objectives and activities of the delegation related to persons deprived of freedom, particularly in the field of health/public health in Nigeria
- Initiate, develop and establish a strong network within the National Prison Service and the Ministry of Health; under the direct supervision of the Detention Doctor
- Strengthen and enhance links with the Ministry of Health (MoH), Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) and other relevant medical bodies
- Contributes to the delegation’s understanding of the prison health system
- In coordination with the Detention Doctor, facilitates and coordinates an appropriate health response in case of emergency/outbreak
- Contributes to the documentation and internal reporting (including indicators and baseline) on healthcare in detention; write reports according to activities performed
- University degree in medicine (qualified medical doctor)
- At least 5 years general medical work experience
- Knowledge and experience of working in Public Health as a qualified Public Health Doctor with at least one year of experience
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Nigerian Ministry of Health (MoH)
- Strong reporting, analysis and summarizing skills
- An individual who works responsibly and autonomously
- Excellent team spirit
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills and,
- Networking skills
LOCATION: Jos, Plateau
- Process accounting operations of the Sub-Delegation
- Handles and/or supervises various administrative activities such as hotel management, welcome, premises management in liaison with F&A Manager, Premise Officer and Cashier
- Process data record in the accounting software according to ICRC chart of accounts and procedures
- Propose/develop Internal Control measures and other improvements to the business processes
- Develop control tools/procedures to better monitor expenses
- Acts as a link for HR administrative tasks between the employees, F & A Manager, Head of Sub-Delegation and Administration Abuja
- Ensures that JOS premises are furnished and equipped according to the standard list; follows up and processes the requisitions order linked to furniture or equipment
- Reports weekly on administrative activities to Field Admin ensuring that performed activities are within the standard of the delegation
Education and Experience required:
- University degree in accounting or any relevant field
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar field
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Very good computer literacy, especially Excel
- Very good knowledge in double entry-accounting and bookkeeping
Desire profile and skills:
- Rigor, methodical and good analytical skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and meticulously
- Ability to manage a team and supervise administration
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Independently operates all radio and satellite equipment for voice and data communication
- Independently facilitates radio and telecommunication contacts and permanent field follow-up according to internal guidelines
- Selects most efficient mean of communication (inside and outside ICRC), taking in account format electronic or paper), speed and price
- Operates all machines for Voice (Tel, VHF, HF) and satellite telephone and maintains daily radio and operations in the field mobile log
- Acts quickly in the event of an emergency and contact relevant managements to contain and help solve critical incidents maintain a detailed incident log for security reports
- Registers and treats incoming and outgoing information confidentially, rapidly and with accuracy
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of a Secondary Education qualification
- Diploma in ICT or Electronic, additional vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field will be an asset
- Experience in communications/Radio operations within NGO’s or similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
DESIRE PROFILE AND SKILLS
- Capable and motivated to continuously update one-self on latest developments.
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills
- Installs, updates and maintains ICT and Telecom infrastructure of all ICRC offices in Nigeria.
- Ensures existing ICT infrastructure is functional.
- Ensures ICT inventory is updated regularly and maintains adequate stocks levels.
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC’s ICT systems.
- Shares knowledge and maintains technical and administrative information updated following internal documentation and reporting procedures
- Support users in backing up and restoring their data as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention
- Assist in monitoring, operation and performance of LAN/WAN connectivity and communication services
- Assist with the administration of staff joining, leaving and/or moving within different sites in relation to the creation and configuration of new computers and services
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent higher education degree in ICT domain (Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science or similar field. Post Graduate or Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT, electronics or similar position.
Desire profile and skills:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting & Learning; Planning, Organization & Assessment; Communication (Ability to express views and ideas); Analysis & Synthesis
- Strong understanding of telecom especially VHF, HF , satellite.
Applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: [email protected] Clearly indicate “Health care in Detention Field Officer Abuja” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
Languages you speak
Years of relevant experience
Late application will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
DEADLINE: 12 March, 2018