Latest Job Offers at African Development Bank Group (AfDB), Monday 12th March 2018 – African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the head dish African advancement foundation, advancing financial development and social advance over the landmass. There are 80 part states, incorporating 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s advancement plan is conveying the money related and specialized help for transformative activities that will altogether diminish destitution through comprehensive and feasible financial development.
We are enlisting to fill the situation underneath:
Title: Senior HR Administration Assistant, CHHR2
Position N°: 50000457
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department/Division
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHHR department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
Within the Human Resources Department (CHHR), HR Shared Services (CHHR.2) is responsible to the administration of employee, management of benefits, HR processes and data center.
- The Senior HR Administration Assistant will be assigned to a moderate range of technical support assignments in HR administration.
- The incumbent will process transactions in HRIS to perform specialized tasks.
- S/he is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks related to HR administration and for assisting HR teams in providing statistics and data for decision support.
- The position holder works closely with the HR Administration Officer.
- Accountabilities are set for the HR activity in his/her area of responsibility – complex, field office or special contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the immediate supervision of the HR Administration Officer, and the overall supervision of the Division Manager CHHR2, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day office management duties and provide assistance to other colleagues in the accomplishment of Division tasks when required.
- Participate to continuous business improvements and HRIS projects for automation.
- Provide administrative support to Personal administration and HR processes by:
- Preparing HR Administrative documents and decisions relating to regular and short term staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, Project Staff and others. These documents include new staff appointment contracts, and contract renewals, staff promotions and any other work related to contract processing.
- Collecting approval of individual HR action decided, update HR master data and follow up until completion.
- Tracking staff movements within and without the Bank.
- Maintaining and updating information on probation periods and fixed-term contracts of staff members.
- Drafting statistics on recruitment, staff mobility, transfers and promotion.
- Maintaining templates and letters for staff separation, staff assumption of duty, transfers, promotions, contract renewals, confirmations, leave without pay and staff testimonials.
- Ensuring, in liaison with Records section, that electronic and hard copy personnel files are up-to-date.
- Monitoring staff probation periods and process staff confirmation.
- Undertaking the maintenance of the contract renewals/probationary periods in the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems.
- Undertaking administration of staff dependents for new hires and update / changes by staff in liaise with HR Records section.
- Assist staff members with administrative procedures for adoption.
- Working with Shared Services teams, HR Benefits; HR Payroll; HR Master Data & HR Employee Help Desk in problem resolution and treatment of queries from employees.
- Assisting in the administration of assumption of duty of Bank staff, Technical Assistants, Secondees, and Project Staff and also the administration of assumption of Staff transfers/Staff movements including Promotions, employment terminations.
- Assisting in the process of reference checks for employees to verify a range of candidate information, including employment history, academic qualifications and security checks.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Information Systems, Business Management or other related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant practical working experience in progressive positions.
- Good planning and monitoring skills will be highly desirable.
- A relevant and practical experience in Human Resources Management, Staff and Legal counselling will be an asset.
- Proactive, solution oriented individual, keen to resolve challenges through innovation.
- Ability to implement continual improvement activities to processes, with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and work under a pressure.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate with peers and other HR experts in a multidisciplinary multicultural team.
- Excellent levels of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy in dealing with clients and other team members.
- Operational effectiveness.
- Problem solving.
- Client orientation.
- Team working and relations.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Good knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SAP). Good typing skills is highly desirable.
Deadline 22nd March, 2018.
Title: Principal Climate Finance Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50083691
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex focusing on the Bank’s Ten Years Strategy, High 5s priority of “Light up and Power Africa”.
- The complex’s objectives are:
- To develop policy and strategy;
- To provide deep sector technical expertise to the Regions by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted for their expertise on complicated transactions;
- To develop new financing instruments;
- To act as spokesperson to represent the Bank with external stakeholders on all aspects of “Light Up and Power Africa”.
- The Complex will focus on areas of Power systems, policy and regulation, renewable energy; and, Climate and Green Growth.
The Hiring Department
The Climate Change and Green Growth Department has broad objectives of:
- Mainstreaming climate change and green growth into Bank’s High 5s’ operations;
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the Bank’s climate change interventions through the Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan and the Bank’s Green Growth Framework;
- Managing access to the growing number of sources of Green and Climate Finance for all Operational Vice Presidencies within the Bank;
- Assisting African countries to develop and implement their NDCs as well as to increase their access to global climate finance; and
- Leading all efforts within the Bank focused on minimizing and reversing the effects of Climate Change on the continent.
- The Department consists of two divisions, Climate and Green Growth Division, and Climate and Environment Finance Division.
The Hiring Division
- The Climate and Environment Finance Division is responsible for ensuring the Bank’s and RMCs’ enhanced access to climate and green finance.
- Specifically, the Division manages the growing pool of climate resources available within and outside the Bank, develops innovative ways and tools to increase Bank’s access to climate and environment finance – including through green bonds and blended finance – strengthens the capacities of RMCs to access global climate finance through their Nationally Determined Contributions, improves climate finance tracking within the Bank, and engages in thought leadership and knowledge development on climate finance.
- The purpose of this job is to ensure efficient and predictable access to green and climate finance to enable the Bank to channel funds to achieve the High 5s, bring more climate and environment finance to the Continent and achieve its climate finance target 40% by 2020.
- The incumbent will be a core member of the climate finance team, supporting the various climate funds for which the Bank is an implementing entity.
- The job serves all of the Operational Vice Presidencies in order to ensure that climate and green finance are made available and successfully accessed by all of the Operational Vice-Presidencies.
- He/she will also contribute to achieve the objectives of the Bank’s Climate Change Action Plan (CCAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision and general guidance of the Division Manager – Climate and Environment Finance, the Climate Finance Officer will perform the following:
- Manages access to external and internal climate change funds such as the Green Climate Fund, Global Environment Facility, Adaptation Fund, Africa Climate Change Fund by meeting operational, accreditation and reporting requirements and following appropriate modalities and procedures;
- Creates opportunities to co-finance projects and leverage new and additional funding sources to achieve the Bank’s climate finance targets by liaising with other Divisions within the Bank, Donors and Development Partners;
- Actively communicates with the Fund Secretariats and other participating accredited entities, National Designated Authorities and Focal Points, and other relevant stakeholders to advance the Bank’s interests and secure project approvals;
- Attends and represents the Bank at Fund Meetings and other events where requested;
- Advises all Operational Vice Presidencies on accessing climate finance, by building strong links with Officers and Task Managers within the Bank and communicating regularly;
- Ensures that the Bank fulfils internal and external quality control and reporting obligations to the climate funds by ensuring that reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner;
- Contributes actively to the development, management and administration of climate funds, by responding to calls for input, attending meetings and conference calls and making innovative proposals to scale up finance;
- Supports Bank’s efforts to allocate at least 40% of its approvals per year by 2020 and beyond, and support African countries to benefit from the global commitments to raise USD 100 billion per year for climate finance;
- Actively works with project teams to develop bankable projects for climate finance;
- Works in close coordination with existing climate finance structures under the UNFCCC, the MDBs and other relevant institutions, with the view to advocate for enhanced Africa’s access to climate and green finance;
- Provides technical support on climate finance in contribution to all High 5 activities and support RMCs, in helping them achieve their climate finance targets under the Paris Agreement, and particularly their Nationally Determined Contributions;
- Develop financing instruments that will incentivize the private sector to invest in climate change adaptation and mitigation programs and projects;
- Provides advisory and investment services to all Bank’s sector and regional operations on issues related to the access to GCF resources;
- Assist in increasing access to finance through the development of innovative financing instruments finance.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least a Master’s Degree in International Development Studies, Climate Change, Climate Finance, Environmental Management, Finance, Economics;
- A minimum of Four (4) years for PL 6; Five (5) years for PL 5 and Six (6) Years for PL 4 experience in climate or green finance; trust fund management; multilateral development bank procedures, and a combination of project development and management experience; private sector experience;
- Strong experience in Infrastructure finance and in blended finance;
- Knowledge and experience on climate finance, and on multilateral climate governance framework and global climate finance architecture,
- Understanding of climate and green finance issues, challenges and practices relating to Africa;
- Experience in the provision of climate finance resources for lending and non-lending operations;
- Experience in the area of climate change adaptation and mitigation, with a particular emphasis on scaling up climate finance for Africa;
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative climate finance instruments;
- Knowledge and experience in policy dialogue and cross-institutional collaboration at the highest level, including with representatives of government and non-government partners.
- Understanding of critical issues in sustainable development, international climate change policy, and climate finance; and
- Further experience in financial accounting and reporting, green and inclusive growth accounting and reporting (triple bottom line), risk management, and portfolio management.
- Experience in private sector will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in French or English, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP and Bank-Wide Program Processing Schedule (BPPS) is desirable.
Deadline 20th March, 2018.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.