Andela is building up a corps of fantastic innovation ability over the African mainland that will drive the present and future periods of tech-empowered development around the globe. With the quickest developing populace and most noteworthy youth populace on the planet, we trust Africa is one of the best undiscovered markets for ability improvement.
As Technical Success Manager, you will be responsible for helping Andela’s Software Engineers successfully engage remote clients. Distributed work environments are growing in popularity but the lack of physical proximity still brings unique operational challenges. As our engineers partner with teams spread around the world, across industries and across technology stacks, your role will be to help make the client and the remote team feel much closer.
No two days will ever be alike and variety will be the only constant. In the morning, you might find yourself helping engineers better understand the business value of their California team’s user stories; in the afternoon, you might virtually travel across the Atlantic in order to support another team of engineers as they strategically plan a data migration for their team in London.
With your knowledge of business, technology, remote communication and agile project management, you will help make the distance between our engineers and their teams—thousands of kilometers in most cases—feel like a logistical afterthought.
The specific responsibilities of the Technical Success Manager position include:
- Interfacing with the client to understand a client’s business as well as their goals and visions for products being supported by Andela
- Assigning work to ensure that our engineers are always working on high priority tasks that will bring the most value to their team.
- Ensuring that our engineers are able to understand the business context and value of their tasks, as well as how it impacts users.
- Working with our engineers to decompose high level stories into smaller, specific tasks and provide high level design support to help them understand how to solve specific coding challenges.
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the work being submitted to the client follows the client’s coding standards as well as meets the letter and spirit of the assigned task
- Assist our engineers in effectively communicating with their teams
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Have a four-year Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- Have at least 4 years of experience working in software development, technology consulting or software product management
- Is proficient in at least one of the following stacks:
- Ruby/Ruby on Rails,
- iOS/Objective C
- Have experience effectively working remotely
- Are passionate about the evolving technology landscape and enjoy leveraging advancements to solve business problems
- Have a strong understanding of agile software development techniques
- Have a vibrant personality and exceptional communication skills (English, verbal and written)
- Have the ability to build rapport and communicate with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have strong leadership skills.
- Strongly motivated by our social mission of training 100,000 young Africans in next 10 years.