International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the main UN office in the field of movement, works intimately with legislative, intergovernmental and non-administrative accomplices. IOM is devoted to advancing others conscious and organized movement for the advantage of all. It does as such by giving administrations and exhortation to governments and transients.
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer, Abuja and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer, Maiduguri, Nigeria, and the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating the financial and/or budgetary functions of the Humanitarian Hubs in North East Nigeria.
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in monitoring financial and other resources in the Humanitarian Hub specifically in relation to cost recovery; undertake preliminary financial analysis and the oversight of financial expenditure in the Hubs.
- Assist in the recruitment and other administrative activities in relation to Humanitarian Hub.
- Assist in forecasting the cash flow according to planned activities of the Humanitarian Hub; ensure daily control of the funds disbursed; verify that funding is received on timely manner through cost recovery.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll for the Humanitarian hub and ensure salaries are allocated correctly and in line with the IOM projectization criteria.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets for programs in the Humanitarian Hub and the sub-office.
- Provide input for preparation of financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
- Assist with the review of assets in the Humanitarian Hubs; .provide information and guidance on the appropriate application of internal controls and processes, control cash and prevent fraud.
- Provide support to the staff in the Hub to ensure compliance with IOM’s policies and procedure; make recommendations on the procedural improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of finance and administration.
- Assist with the regular review of SAP postings and provide recommendations on the adjustment/corrections if necessary
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in finance, accounting, budgeting and business administration;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and PRISM;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities; High level of computer literacy, in particular experience in MS Excel and computerized accounting systems and software;
- Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures;
- Previous working experience in emergency missions;
- Previous experience in hub cost recovery will be an added advantage.
Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the
- Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.