Abt Associates – The International Health Division is focused on the change of wellbeing and medicinal services conveyance around the globe. Serving both people in general and private segments, our endeavors incorporate wellbeing approach research and assessment, wellbeing advancement and malady anticipation, wellbeing account, and wellbeing frameworks administration. Our effect is felt in strategies that guarantee medicinal services access for ladies, youngsters, and people with unique needs, in fortifying wellbeing frameworks, and HIV/AIDS arrangements.
TECHNICAL SPE…T 12 / TB TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, SHOPS PLUS NIGERIA
Req Id: 51247
Abt Associates seeks a qualified TB expert with clinical and public health experience to serve as TB Technical Director in Nigeria under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health.
The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas.
In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up tuberculosis case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Lagos and Kano States.
The TB Technical Director will lead the technical day-to-day implementation of the project.
He/she will provide the technical direction for the project and be responsible for all technical decisions.
He/she will design and guide interventions, develop key technical partnerships, oversee and conduct technical training, and represent the project in technical fora.
This position will be based in Lagos and cover activities in Lagos and Kano States.
Applicants must be a Nigerian or have a work permit for Nigeria.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical oversight for all TB activities under this project.
- Develop and implement action plans to mitigate TB in the community, including contact tracing, defaulter tracking, and information dissemination.
- Serve as the main point of contact with technical experts in the public sector, especially with the National and
- State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programs.
- Provide technical oversight for the intermediary organizations that will be contracted by SHOPS Plus to coordinate services in the private sector in Lagos and Kano.
- Build and maintain relationships with a broad range of prospective partners and participate in relevant technical working groups.
- Identify key barriers and opportunities for private sector provision of TB services.
- Contract and supervise technical staff members and consultants to support these functions.
- Lead adaptation of existing NTB national training curriculum for use in training private providers in the program.
- Oversee all training in the project.
- Lead implementation of referral system within the private sector network and to/from the public sector, as necessary.
- Contribute to the development of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, including gathering and analyzing data.
- Prepare technical reports on the SHOPS Plus TB program.
- Together with the COP, serve as a senior manager to ensure smooth functioning of the project.
(10+) years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical Degree and at least 15 years of professional experience in TB project implementation and/or service provision.
- Experience or knowledge of the NTBLCP
- Experience managing staff and implementing partners
- Demonstrated experience in public private mix in TB service provision.
- Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Knowledge of Nigerian private health sector.
- Experience with USAID TB programs or Global Fund grants preferred.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
P.S, Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.