International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) Job for CKAN Repository Officer and Programmer – The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-revenue driven organization that creates agrarian advancements to address Africa’s most squeezing difficulties of appetite, lack of healthy sustenance, destitution, and characteristic asset debasement.
Working with different accomplices crosswise over sub-Saharan Africa, we enhance occupations, upgrade nourishment and sustenance security, increment business, and protect regular asset respectability.
IITA is an individual from CGIAR, a worldwide farming exploration organization for a sustenance secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture looks for appropriate Nigerian for the position underneath at the Institute’s Headquarter in Ibadan:
Title: CKAN Repository Officer and Programmer
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Plan, develop and conduct implementation of python based GeoNode that fits into the IITA data infrastructure and information landscape;
- Further develop workflows for upload, download, harvesting data on CKAN and connection with databases/platforms, especially SharePoint;
- Implement customizations and maintenance of CKAN, GeoNode.
- Programming links and API development to other Open Access repositories;
- Be responsible for server administration and repair (CKAN and GeoNode);
- Serve as collection point of all IITA research output data/metadata (CKAN);
- Cataloguing and check of metadata;
- Check uniqueness of dataset;
- Assessing need and conducting of a file conversion
- Filling of missing metadata for CKAN;
- Assessing need/usefulness/ability to present the data in a “eye catching” format (map, chart, diagram etc.);
- Give persistent identifier (CKAN);
- Inform interested data users;
- Managing content of legacy data for CKAN;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics and any other related field with minimum of 4 years of experience performing similar role in a structured organization
- Have good knowledge of computer, good interpersonal and communication skill (Oral and written).
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
20th February, 2018.
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.