International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment for Value Chain (VC) Advisor – Northern Nigeria – The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is an open universal association (PIO) administered by a worldwide governing body with portrayal from created and creating countries.
The non-benefit fixate centers around expanding and maintaining nourishment and rural efficiency in creating nations through the advancement and exchange of powerful and ecologically stable yield supplement innovation and agribusiness skill.
We are enlisting to fill the situation beneath:
Title: Value Chain (VC) Advisor – Northern Nigeria
Tracking Code: 20120312
- The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Value Chain (VC) Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Nigeria Rural Resilience Project in northern Nigeria
- Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- The VC Advisor will provide strategic leadership in market systems performance and facilitation
- The VC Advisor will provide effective management and oversight of the portfolio of interventions within the selected market sectors
- The VC Advisor will provide technical support to clients and partners; plus support project staff in achieving value chain development goals
- The VC Advisor will contribute to the overall success of the implementation of value chain grants.
- The VC Advisor will manage a team of staff who will identify constrains to growth in the selected sectors and identify leverage points to facilitate change in how these markets can function effectively and serve as one of the drivers for economic and social resilience.
- The VC Advisor will work directly with the Deputy Chief of Party and project leads to implement resilience sensitive value chain activities in northern Nigeria
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline or a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, with an additional 7 years’ experience to the required minimum above. Fields of discipline and experience will be from area such as Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Management, and/or Entrepreneurship Development.
- Minimum of 10 years of regional/international experience in implementing large donor- funded agricultural value chain activities, economic growth, trade, value chain competitiveness, resilience, crop/agricultural development, and/or food security programs
- Strong background in gender integration and women empowerment.
- Preference will be given to those with considerable working experience in rural agricultural areas in West Africa, notably northern Nigeria and the Sahel.
- Demonstrated success in implementing programs aimed at increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chains using facilitation approaches and incorporating the strengthening of the resilience of small holder farmers and livestock keepers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the latest developments in advancing good/best practices in value chain development (i.e., USAID’s value chain and facilitation approach) that support farmers and reaches women, youth, and the poor, creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and design catalytic,
- Track record of project design and project implementation capacity building working with host governments, local private sector, and other related players
- Experience coordinating with subcontractors or multiple interests to achieve common goals.
- At least five years of progressively responsible and supervisory experience
- Ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior host-government and community level counterparts on activity selection, planning, and field implementation.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Required oral and written communication and presentations skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating across projects
Application Method for International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment for Value Chain (VC) Advisor – Northern Nigeria
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply
Candidates can also apply by e-mail to: [email protected] during the same timeframe. The subject of the mail must be “Value Chain Advisor”.
- Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview
- There will be no response to telephone inquiries
- The interview will consist of an interview with a jury and proba bly a written and/or oral test.