Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Job Vacancy 2018 – Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to reclassify client encounter and be the supplier of decision wherever vitality is expended, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s biggest power appropriation arrange powers lives and organizations with advancement and faithful drive for perfection.
The organization started its new period of development and extension on November first, 2013 after the handover of the outdated Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/KEPCO Consortium under the privatization plan of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
TITLE: HEAD, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION (AKOWONJO BUSINESS UNIT)
Reporting To: Business Manager
Responsible for Finance and Administrative Services of the Business Unit
- Provide inputs for annual budgeting
- Examine and accord financial vetting for proposals having financial implications
- Ensure compliance of financial audit
- Responsible for all financial accounting and supervises compilation for unit and undertakings
- Supervise inter unit account settlements
- Supervise maintenance of various accounts & registers
- Settlement of all staff claims, external claims, time bound tax related claims under the limits specified
- Ensure proper reconciliation of various payment channels at business unit
- Monitors compilation of MIS, PRT & other reports.
- Maintain and update sub ledger capturing the financial transactions appropriately
- Ensuring compliance to HR policies and labour laws
- Initiate the performance appraisal report
- Maintaining job descriptions and training related records
- Oversee preparation of papers for claims of retired employees
- Ensuring maintenance of discipline, attendance, highlighting employee concerns at the assigned locations
- Initiating disciplinary proceeding of employees in corruption cases
- Oversee the legal activities and court cases related to employees
- Taking up the case of employee complaint/ grievance for redressal
- Ensuring free flow of communication upward to resolve employee grievances at the earliest opportunity
- Conducting surveys on employee engagement employee satisfaction
- Participating in the welfare activities for the employees
- Looking into security matters, office maintenance, office furniture maintenance etc.
- Takes responsibility for compliance with all Quality Management System /Operation Health & System related activities in the department as documented in the departmental operations manual, risk assessment register and other relevant documents.
- Carry out any other duties as requested by the Business Manager
- Minimum 10+ years relevant work experience
- Must possess a First degree in Commercial or Social Science discipline
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ACA/ ACCA)
- Finance and Account management
- HR and administration management
- Analytical skills
- First and foremost an extremely good finance professional
- Managing ambiguity
- Acting ethically and legally.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Exercising professional judgement