ICLA Intern Vacancy at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), 22 February 2018 – The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-legislative, compassionate association with 60 years of involvement in making a more secure and more stately life for exiles and inside dislodged individuals.
NRC advocates for the privileges of dislodged populaces and offers help inside the camp administration, shield, training, sustenance security, legitimate help, and water, sanitation and cleanliness segments.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has around 5000 conferred and equipped workers engaged with ventures crosswise over four mainlands.
What’s more, NRC runs one of the world’s biggest standby lists – NORCAP, with 650 experts, prepared to be conveyed on 72 hours’ notice when an emergency happens.
NRC is searching for an ICLA Intern for our zone office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria.
The reason for the ICLA Intern is to take in the frameworks and procedures n the Implementation and of ICLA program exercises in Maiduguri and in the field workplaces.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Learning and understanding of NRC’s work and programmes
- Understanding NRC internal processes including; HR, finance, logistics and security standard operating procedures
- Participating in and learning the criteria for beneficiary selection
- Participate in community engagement
- Learning and being able to apply protection principles and implement gender mainstreaming in ICLA project
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English is required.
- Must be a fresh graduate of law who has not attended law school
- Must have a minimum GP of 2.5
- Fluency in one or more of the regional languages (kanuri, Hausa)
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: April 2018
- Duration: 6 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.