Head of Legal & Compliance at Nokia, Monday 11, June 2018 – Nokia is a worldwide pioneer in the innovations that interface individuals and things. With best in class programming, equipment and administrations for a system, Nokia is interestingly situated to enable correspondence to specialist organizations, governments, and huge endeavors convey on the guarantee of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving clients in more than 100 nations, our examination researchers and designers proceed to imagine and quicken new innovations that will progressively change the way individuals and things impart and interface.
We are enrolling to fill the situation underneath:
Title: Head of Legal & Compliance – Central, East and West Africa
Ref No: 18000004WF
Locations: Kampala – Uganda, Nairobi – Kenya or Lagos – Nigeria
- The Head of Legal & Compliance – Central, East and West Africa (CEWA) will be generally responsible for overseeing and managing legal support for the Nokia CEWA Market Unit.
- This position reports into the Head of Legal & Compliance – Middle East and Africa.
Core responsibilities include:
- Advising company Regional Management on various regulatory, corporate governance, risk management, business ethics, contracting and other legal matters;
- Leading a small team of two legal counsels in the CEWA Market Unit, and iii. Ensuring adequate legal support to Customer Operations and other functions in the CEWA Market Unit.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Legal degree. Admission to practice in one of the countries in the region considered as an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years Post Qualification Experience
- Fluent in English. Any additional languages are considered as an advantage
- Prior exposure to supporting business operations within Central, East and West Africa would be useful
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with senior executives and cross-functional set of colleagues
- Inherent leadership skills and ability to build effective legal & compliance function with limited resources.
- Proven ability to build strong and effective relationships with clients and internal business partners
- Pragmatic, solution-driven approach
- Ability to multi-task in a rapidly changing environment and perform under pressure
- High commitment on integrity with the internal fortitude and genuine interest to uphold and enforce Nokia’s standards for the highest ethical conduct amidst all the business pressure.
Interested candidates should:
Click here to apply